Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgraceful behaviour (Working title: The Mason and the Moderator)

Options
  • 20-12-2007 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Two complaints:

Firstly:
    I'd like to complain about myself.
    I'm rude, antagonistic and provocative.
    I don't think I really need to prove this by providing links. That's just not how we roll.

Secondly:
    As of 16:51, 20th December 2007, I declared shenanigans.
    The user has since failed to come up with the goods. Instead, they assaulted my character leaving my character seriously bruised. Fortunately, my ego has survived the attack, as has
    my sense of righteous-indignation!
    I DEMAND A RESOLUTION!
    Links? You want links? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE LINKS! (They're sooper sekkrit. I'd have to give your neck the secret handshake first.)

I rang the Masonic hall and they didn't say the WM was "ned78"... Proof enough? I think so.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

we need PEERRRY MAAAASON

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Actually, you were rude to me in PM. And if you check your recent PM, you'll see I gave you correct contact details. Mods, any chance of locking this type of ****e up? It's personal abuse, and it's not funny in the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Who controls the British Crown?
    Who keeps the metric system down?
    We do, we do.
    Who keeps Atlantis off the maps?
    Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
    We do, we do.
    Who holds back the electric car?
    Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?
    We do, we do.
    Who robs cave fish of their sight?
    Who rigs every Oscar night?
    We do, we do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I'd love to know what that spat was all about:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I question the validity of your member.
    You refuted the questioning of your member by pointing out that you post in a thread on Masonry. I've posted many times in the LGBTMGFT forum - that doesn't make me a transgender, homosexual, or even a bi-sexual. The shenanigans remain!

Firrst PM:
    You started off with profanity and aggression.
    I said you had your knickers in a twist - I stand by this. I asked you to prove yourself. I know what I want to read as proof. You, if you are who you say you are, can prove yourself. No, "ask the Masonic hall for ned78" doesn't cut it. Nor does giving me a valid name - how do I know it's you, or you're him, or he's you or that's it's not the bread of doom playing a trick on me?

Another thing you find offensive and cannot joke about? I'll add that to the list... let's see... page 666...done.

• Advertisement

ned78 wrote:
    Actually, you were rude to me in PM.
    I don't think so, but if that's how it appeared to you - then, there's not much I can do about that. We can show the PM's to an SMod and let them look over them.
    Although, it's good that we agree on at least one thing. I'm usually rude. Thank you. Not that this has anything to do with my posts or this thread or, um, anything - I'm a moderator, not a saint.

What it's really about? That's a sekkrit.
    What this is kind of about?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055204456
    He jumped in, and pointed out his thread in Help Desk. He entered it as Exhibit A and it was then fair game for discussion in AH. His knickers are getting more and more twisted as we go on.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54703755&postcount=38
    SHENANANANIGANS!!!
    How dare you insult the Masonic symbol?! It's OK for you to do so because you think you're one? but not for a bunch of people who borrowed certain elements of the logo?
    SHENANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANIGANS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Dont sell the film rights to this just yet ;)

muffler wrote: »
    Dont sell the film rights to this just yet ;)

But...there's drama and laughs and some nudity...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Karoma wrote: »

Depends who gets nude !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm already going back to the lobby with my half eaten popcorn bucket and twice-slurped diet Coke to demand my money back..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Hi,
    Two complaints:

Firstly:
    I'd like to complain about myself.
    I'm rude, antagonistic and provocative.
    I don't think I really need to prove this by providing links. That's just not how we roll.

Secondly:
    As of 16:51, 20th December 2007, I declared shenanigans.
    The user has since failed to come up with the goods. Instead, they assaulted my character leaving my character seriously bruised. Fortunately, my ego has survived the attack, as has
    my sense of righteous-indignation!
    I DEMAND A RESOLUTION!
    Links? You want links? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE LINKS! (They're sooper sekkrit. I'd have to give your neck the secret handshake first.)

I rang the Masonic hall and they didn't say the WM was "ned78"... Proof enough? I think so.

tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

There is no way that you are going to have your head digitally attached to my body :eek:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ok, I dunno what this is about and I suspect its about nothing. I've replied to the helpsdesk thread but next time some real feedback please.

DeV.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Storm in a tea cup Tom.
    Knickers in a twist.
    I'm important, don't take the piss out of me and my homies.

Take your pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I just don't like white people.

I don't like people from Roscommon!

oh..
    wait...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I don't like people from Roscommon!

oh..
    wait...
    meh, dont worry, they wont have teh internets down there till 2014

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Only about 3 or 4 people had the logo before Ned78 started his Helpdesk thread.
    After that it took on a life of it's own.
    If he'd said nothing we would be working on our King Herod graphic right now. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

We're all going to be blackballed now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

taps signature.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I thought the L stood for lyons tea tbh. I drink it, but i dont need to tell the world that i do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

llama-obey.jpg

Hagar wrote: »
    Only about 3 or 4 people had the logo before Ned78 started his Helpdesk thread.

There's no such thing as bad publicity :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

To be honest, I've always put "doing something because it will rub someone the wrong way" on the intellectual level of "listening to metal because my parents hate it".
    I've no particular objection to the image (as I've said in the helpdesk thread) because I understand there is no malice in its (ab)use but its occupies the same area of my brain as the Danish cartoons of Mohammed... ie: Of course they should be able to print what they like... they should just be more polite and not.

To be fair to Ned78, he's been quite polite (in public, I can't judge the PM's) about the topic. I'm not sure if it was some peoples pet topic having its nose playfully tweaked that they would be quite so restrained...

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    To be honest, I've always put "doing something because it will rub someone the wrong way" on the intellectual level of "listening to metal because my parents hate it".

DeV.

When people start to dictate to others what they should and shouldn't hold sacred or of value from an unrelated culture, it puts there back up. You are no stranger to this concept, as this thread from yester-year demonstrates. In that thread when asked to respect the sensibility of others regardless of malicious intent, you're response was "bollix". In the same vain to ned there I simply say, don't go looking for offense when none was intended.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

i dont think the image should be the issue, but what it represents should. But in this case, i personally dont see an issue with it. The lolcaust boardsies are doing their thing behind closed doors, in the same way do freemasons do. So its a kind of art imitating life thing.

Whats more offensive is DeV's comment about listening to metal cos his parents hate it. Im offended cos i listen to metal and i have no parents**.

** parents bit may not be true..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I'd just like to point out that not all Lolocaust members are using the image in their signature! I for one am not.

DeV, it wasn't designed in the first place to irritate the masons. In this case I believe that it was simply designed as a symbol for fellow lolocaust members to recognise one another as part of 'the club' and imitating the idea of secrets and secrecy that the masons hold dear.

I do believe however that the idea that it annoys some masons has appealed to some lolocaust folk and they are now using it as a result but that was not the original intention. (I think). As I say, I don't use the symbol but that's just my choice, not a statement about the craft one way or another.

I said bollox because it was bollox, I cannot see how a light hearted piece about my hair being homosexual "I have gay hair" could possibly offend and I felt people were taking offence on purpose. I also have supported the use of the image on the same grounds, ie: Ned78 shouldnt be offended by it and I said as much.

However what I am criticising is the comments about the organisation AFTER a polite objection was raised, to wit:
    "its just a badge yore ma gives out after a good roide."
    "you must be of legal age to receive the paddling of the swollen ass"
    "Look it's bunch of guys with vagina envy.... just look at the symbol."
    etc.

You'll note that when I wrote, and was taken to task over, the "I have gay hair" piece I did NOT respond with "bunch of arse bandits, I shouldn't expect any better from you queens". I explained my reasons and beliefs and stood by them. I called Yoda's (iirc) post Bollox because that neatly summed up what I thought of his point. I did not however lambast his social grouping.

My point is this: When a genuine, if imho misguided, objection was raised a more mature tone and approach could have been taken by a few people who I have seen get on their horses about pet topics of theirs that they feel have been mocked.

You'll notice I've "ruled" in favour of the image being used, I'm simply adding my own point of view on the end.

DeV.

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I'd just like to point out that not all Lolocaust members are using the image in their signature! I for one am not.

DeV, it wasn't designed in the first place to irritate the masons. In this case I believe that it was simply designed as a symbol for fellow lolocaust members to recognise one another as part of 'the club' and imitating the idea of secrets and secrecy that the masons hold dear.

I completely get that. I have completely backed that too. I thought it was funny, bordering on the "on no they didn't" hilarious!! I have been around here a while you know, I kinda get the humour :)

I do believe however that the idea that it annoys some masons has appealed to some lolocaust folk and they are now using it as a result but that was not the original intention. (I think). As I say, I don't use the symbol but that's just my choice, not a statement about the craft one way or another.

This is the bit I find a little childish and more then a little hypocritical but I don't hold Lolocaust responsible for the actions of its members. That would be dumb.

DeV.

• Advertisement

I took your comment about people having a right to use pictures of Muhammad but shouldn't out of politeness to indicate that you felt the images shouldn't be used out of consideration. This in my mind contrasted the opinions expressed in the thread I linked to. I should note that I'm not a member of the private forum in question.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement