Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgraceful behaviour (Working title: The Mason and the Moderator)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

DeVore wrote: »
    I completely get that. I have completely backed that too. I thought it was funny, bordering on the "on no they didn't" hilarious!! I have been around here a while you know, I kinda get the humour :)
    Yeah sorry, wasn't trying to be condescending, just wasn't sure how much of the history of this you'd looked into and was trying to add some background just in case. :)

This is the bit I find a little childish and more then a little hypocritical but I don't hold Lolocaust responsible for the actions of its members. That would be dumb.
    Agree with first point, grateful for the second point :D

/avoids Admin ban hammer this time :D

DeV.[/QUOTE]

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Boston wrote: »
    In the same vain to ned there I simply say, don't go looking for offense when none was intended.

Thats the problem, he *didn't* go looking for offense... the use of site-wide sigs put it in front of him.

There is far far worse on the forum itself but if someone were to knowingly ask for access and then come crying to me about being "offended" they would get a very swift response from me, of the negative variety. Thats a considerably different matter.

As I've said:

1. I've ruled the image allowable,

2. I am warning against further use of sigs for potentially offensive material because thats what the forum is for, and why its private.

3. I've added a personal comment about my views on the topic.

Sorry, did I forfeit my right to an opinion when I donned an admin hat any more then Mods forfeit theirs?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Inconsistent opinion.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Bollox.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

arwedda-fish-god_cult.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Bollox.

DeV.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Bollox.

DeV.
    Sounds fairly consistent to me! :D

/hands out glasses of Christmas spirit

DRINK IT!! :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I have to say I'm impressed and a little disappointed with the attitude of some people here. As usual there are the few posters who are willing to fairly and clearly listen to another posters query and answer it responsibly. And then there are the few who simply go on the attack and totally demeen and belittle that poster.

Now I don't know the symbol ned78 is referring too, nor do I even know that much about Masons but it is a shame when a poster such as he who is always polite and upfront is belittled and not dealt with in a fair and proper manner. I have never known ned to attack someone or be rude or offensive.

Just adding my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Can we script Feedback responses already?

"Now, I don't know what's going on. I haven't read anything. I haven't a clue what's going on, but I am entitled to an ill-informed opinion anyways and you're going to read it. blah blah blah.

Just sticking my oar in."

I started this thread in Feedback because ned78 was being a bit of a dick in PM. I think it's silly that he's bitching about it in Help Desk where LOLocaust cannot reply and LOLocaust are having a discussion/debate where ned78 cannot read/reply. Let's all just sit down and discuss the stupid thing like grown-ups*. People who have some idea of what's going on need reply only.

*I accept now that you are a grown-up, ned78. You still didn't have to get so pissy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Karoma wrote: »
    Can we script Feedback responses already?

"Now, I don't know what's going on. I haven't read anything. I haven't a clue what's going on, but I am entitled to an ill-informed opinion anyways and you're going to read it. blah blah blah.

Just sticking my oar in."

I have read this thread and the helpdesk thread too. You didn't make it entirely clear what was going on. Perhaps my opinion is ill-informed, but it was the best I could with the limited information you provided.

Now I've no beef with you Karoma, but you did seem to take things rather personally and in fairness based on what we've seen you have come across as being rather childish in relation to this matter.

• Advertisement

I thought the whole thing has been nicely wrapped up. I'm sure a few people will continue to mock but i think that can be said for most things. I'm not about to ban the image because its not being offensive deliberately but I *have* argued the point and a lot of people have taken that point on board. If it had had a cock or a swastika in it it would have been drawning a connection where there wasnt one.
    Quite simply the image was appropriated rather then demonised. There may be a copyright issue but if you want me to solve all of those, well, I'm going to need an extra shot in my latte this morning...

You ever have a mouth ulcer that would go away, if only you'd stop tonguing it??

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

So did I.

We are running a competition to come up with a new logo for the forum. Hopefully people will have a bit of time to design something good over the holidays. I expect when the new logo starts to circulate the mason parody one will fade away like last year's Man Utd jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

So an Orange Order parody next then? ;)

I'm not making a comparison :)

I thought the whole thing has been nicely wrapped up.
    As did I. I'm done.
    You ever have a mouth ulcer that would go away, if only you'd stop tonguing it??
    Please don't seek medical advice... :p

Get some Bonjela. It rocks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Post reported

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I started this thread in Feedback because ned78 was being a bit of a dick

Pot, kettle, black.
    I accept now that you are a grown-up, ned78. You still didn't have to get so pissy.

People in glasshouses ...

I had tried to make the point as politely as possible, but you chose to immediately wind me up in an open thread. I tried taking it to PM, and when I did that, you started another thread, this one in fact, designed completely to take the piss. It was that type of childish behaviour that I raised in my PM to you when asking you what your particular problem with me is, but that was before I was educated by another boardsie - apparently you're highly skilled at winding people up :D But if I did anything in particular way out of order Karoma, then apologies, and I hope you accept them

To Hagar, your answer to me was that I started a helpdesk thread without consulting you first. I had to start the thread, as without access to lolocaust, I couldn't see who the mods were. I hope you're not offended or irritated either.

At this stage, while the logo still irks me, I appreciate that people will continue to find it a source of amusement. And there's bugger all I, or anyone else can do about it. Perhaps a new logo competition will fix it, I hope it will, but I think overall the lesson to be learned here is that it's not cool or clever to screw around with an organisation's logo, keeping it almost identical to the original, but changing it's purpose and intent.

Thanks to everyone who's debated in the issue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

ned78 - the majority of people (myself included) have removed it. The only intention was a bit of a windup and as these kind of things are wont to do it got a little out of hand. As Hagar said I'm sure the replacement will make everyone forget about this one :)

*inhales slowly*

*exhales slowly*

Merry Christmas everyone.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, we're done.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement