Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

photo to vector...

Options
  • 20-12-2007 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help me??? Have monies in my pocket in return for anyone that can sort me out.....

Looking for an end product like this,

448_Couplebl.jpg

will end up on a canvas print...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭kirving

I haven't dont this before, but here is a simple tutorial in photoshop

http://www.idigitalemotion.com/tutorials/guest/vector/vector.html

and here is a shareware program for doing
    it:

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Multimedia_and_Graphics/Graphics_Editors/Algolab_Photo_Vector.html

I have no experience in doing that, although I think some programs will automatically do it for you. I'm sure if you could do it yourself, all that you'd need if to get a printing shop to put the final picture onto the canvas.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Illustrator CS2 and above have a live trace option that will do a pretty decent job at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I tried it myself but didn't get the final image I wanted....

I aint much for photo editing at this level.... Picasa/iPhoto is as far as I go..

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The Gimp can do that also, not sure if it'll give you the exact same effect though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Do you want the actual vector art or just the posterised effect that vector art gives?
    Retaining the vector data would be better for large printing and file size.
    Best option would be to do the selective colour bit in photoshop and burn dodge out any noisy details then trace it in Illustrator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Need the vector data as its gonna be quite a large print....

So can anyone doodle the pic for me in photoshop/illustrator??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I assume its not the picture up on the first post, so if you want to send it onto me ill sort you out. :)

Advertisement