Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Punching...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'd have no moral qualms about punching a woman if she was attacking me. Same with a weak bloke. If you attack someone, you deserve a smack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Three times I've hit a woman.

Once when a mad bitch ran at me with a plank of wood, it was during the construction of the 'O Zone' club in Leixlip. A swift kick in the gee and dropped a left hook on her, lights out.

Then 01:10am New year's eve 2001, Bridge Bar, Westmoreland St (Dublin). A fight at the door, this little slut tried aiming a kick at my balls, another left hook & lights out for her too. I remember the because I'd to show the cops the security tape. The guards congratulated me on a great shot.

Then another time, Wrights Cafe Bar, Swords about three year's ago. I went out to collect money from a guy. The lads were busy trying to remove a woman from the VIP bar, I was in a hurry. Quick 'Rear naked Choke' (its a strangle), but her asleep, got my money and walked out. Stupid bitch pi$$ed herself.

All deserving what they got.

I've seen so many women try to exploit the fact that a guy wouldn't hit back and caused some very serious injuries, from glasses and bottled to the face/head to assaults with ash trays and in one particularly nasty assault in the old 'Rock a fellas' in Leixlip a girl who stuck the heel of her stilletto into a heads forehead.

Ordinarily I wouldn't hit either man or woman, but like I said earlier. Given the right circumstances both are legitimate targets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

rubadub wrote: »
    So is hitting a stronger person any better?

Never got that cliche, "same as pick on somebody your own size".
    They are fair enough if the person attacking insigated the whole thing, but even then it should be
    "dont hit people".
    "dont pick on anybody"

People shouldnt hit people, end of story. If you hit a person expect to be hit back.

You should not hit anybody, no matter how big or small.

I am medium size, should I be allowed go into a gym and start beating the crap out of big hulks and expect them not to hit me back?

There were punch bags removed from some chemist or store chain recently, dunno if it was here or the UK. It was a "joke" punchbag marketed towards women, you had a place to put a picture of a man and then battered it. Some group that supported men who were domestically abused complained. A surprisingly large % of domestic violence is against men. Yet due to the macho culture etc it is laughed off like "ah the poor fella, did the girl beat you up", so lots probably goes unreported too. If woody allen was given a golf club or iron he could destroy mike tyson as he slept. No store would have even considered the punch bag if the sex was switched.

Agreed, although I don't see why you put my post about hitting unless in self defence at the beginning.

I witnessed female on male domestic abuse. The woman was far smaller and weaker than the man but the most he would do is try to restrain her whereas she was trying to hurt him. It's like in Of Mice and Men when Curly attacks bigger guys, if they win, people say they're bullies. If he wins, people say what a tough little guy he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Agreed, although I don't see why you put my post about hitting unless in self defence at the beginning.
    I was agreeing with your statement, which was similar to what I went onto say, I was only questioning the other quote after, sorry, I should have made it clearer.

people say they're bullies. If he wins, people say what a tough little guy he is.
    Never saw it, but get what you mean. In the film pacific heights the main nutter in it rings the cops in advance, goes downstairs and calmly provokes a fight. The fight ends up going out onto the street. Cops arrive and both guys are pretty bloody but they haul away the guy on his feet (the good guy). Seemed stupid to me, but it would probably go down like that in a nightclub. The beaten/weak guy must be in the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

What about a tranny in a wheelchair, eh? Would you punch them then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Lamp 'em or clamp 'em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Dragan wrote: »
    daveharnett,

while i appreciate your point you have clearly left out the whole weapons issue, which is the great equaliser in my mind.

The only time i have ever struck anyone on a door in the course of my duties was when they were trying to hurt me with a weapon be it a broken pint glass, a knife or anything else.

You draw a weapon and the rules change. Simple as.

Anyone who thinks they can strike a bigger person, or try and seriously injure them because they are smaller and will get no comeback is a tool.

Actually, i am just adding in this after thought.

It occurs to me you might have seen a lot of cases of hand bags in pups, and these are easily ended by just showing up and everyone tends to stop....at worst you just pull them apart, lock someone up and walk them out.

Maybe you have never seen an actual fight kick off in a pup, glassing, chairs, people through windows. When that kind of **** goes down, and while it's not common it DOES happen....all bets are off.

Whats a pup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

Whats a pup?

pub*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Dragan wrote: »
    daveharnett,

while i appreciate your point you have clearly left out the whole weapons issue, which is the great equaliser in my mind.

The only time i have ever struck anyone on a door in the course of my duties was when they were trying to hurt me with a weapon be it a broken pint glass, a knife or anything else.
    A fair point well made dragan. Of course you are quite entitled to defend yourself. I just wanted to make the point that the rules are different for professionals, and the minimum necessary force should be used.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

A fair point well made dragan. Of course you are quite entitled to defend yourself. I just wanted to make the point that the rules are different for professionals, and the minimum necessary force should be used.

If you're in danger you need to defend yourself.Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

castie wrote: »
    Them and guys with glasses are open for punching!

What about a guy with a glass eye?

Oh and anyone who threatens is in punching range. Depending on the level of threat, naturally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Mairt wrote: »
    Then another time, Wrights Cafe Bar, Swords about three year's ago. I went out to collect money from a guy. The lads were busy trying to remove a woman from the VIP bar, I was in a hurry. Quick 'Rear naked Choke' (its a strangle), but her asleep, got my money and walked out. Stupid bitch pi$$ed herself.

Video? Of the choke hold, not the pissing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Video? Of the.......pissing ;)

Advertisement