Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alloy wheels

Options
  • 20-12-2007 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Please forgive the naivety/ignorance but..

Anyone know if these wheels will fit a Toyota corolla (98 linea terra).

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=40695

Are they a good brand, will i be making a tit of myself putting these on my car?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

15" wheels and 4 holes for the wheel hub? does your toyota have a 4 or spoke wheel hub?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Ya it has 4 nuts holding the wheel on.. My current wheels are 14".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Plug wrote: »
    15" wheels and 4 holes for the wheel hub? does your toyota have a 4 or spoke wheel hub?
    Not quite as easy as that I'm afraid. If the wheels arn't the correct offset, the handling of the car will be affected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

You need to compare a few things unless someone here knows for sure they are compatible .

Compare the size of the hole in the middle , has to be identical unless you want to go make up conversion plates ( added thickness & $$$ for plates can cause grief)

Compare the PCD ( imagine a circle that passes through the CENTRE of the 4 boltholes in the wheel ) again has to be identical etc etc

Check offset too , where the centre of the tread will be ( in/out wise) with new wheels vs old wheels , if its not right counting other changes it can cause problems

Thanks for the replies, the guy selling them is looking for 420 Euro. No way i would pay that much for used alloys so its all academic at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Orange69 wrote: »
    will i be making a tit of myself putting these on my car? Thanks

Wouldnt be my choice but each to his own.
    Hard to beat a set of steel wheels with covers - cheaper, less prone to damage, and better aesthetically.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

If you go into your nearest alloy wheel place and ask what kinda wheels you can get for your car, they should be able to show you what they have in stock for your type of car. Just say your just checking around, no need to committ to a purchase or anything like that. They usually do good wheel and tyre packages for quite reasonable starting prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

HJL wrote: »
    If you go into your nearest alloy wheel place and ask what kinda wheels you can get for your car, they should be able to show you what they have in stock for your type of car. Just say your just checking around, no need to committ to a purchase or anything like that. They usually do good wheel and tyre packages for quite reasonable starting prices.

16s are fine for a standard corolla/ civic type car but they will cost more than €420. Maybe it'll be more worth it when you need tyres anyway?? Just make sure they're not too loud- we will give you some opinions if you have something specific in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Sandwich wrote: »
    Hard to beat a set of steel wheels with covers - cheaper, less prone to damage, and better aesthetically.

Ummm...most would say they're very easily beaten. Virtually every new POS has alloys. Soon, plastic trims will be a dim and distant memory.

A well chosen set of alloys is the easiest way of modernising your old runabout into a car worth washing on a sunday. (but badly chosen aftermarket ones are a crime against good taste most of the time).

Sandwich wrote: »
    Wouldnt be my choice but each to his own.

Thats what i have at the moment but i would like a nice set of alloy wheels, i think when done with a bit of class they can make a nice car look great..
    cantdecide wrote: »
    16s are fine for a standard corolla/ civic type car but they will cost more than €420. Maybe it'll be more worth it when you need tyres anyway?? Just make sure they're not too loud- we will give you some opinions if you have something specific in mind.

Ya, i am leaving the country in 3 months so i don't want to spend too much.. Id love to get a cheap 2nd hand set just for the few months im here..
    cantdecide wrote: »
    A well chosen set of alloys is the easiest way of modernising your old runabout into a car worth washing on a sunday.

True. I take exceptional care of my car and i almost feel like it deserves a set of alloys :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement