Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why don't they ever show logs on TV

• 20-12-2007 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Think of all the products they try to sell us, toilet roll, toilet cleaners, bleaches scented stuff etc etc and I have never seen a dirty big log floating in a bowl, why can't they show Poo on tv, is this the last taboo left to be broken, we have seen nudity, the gay kiss, but the log in all it's glory remains elusive.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

And pee/menstrual blood is shown as a blue liquid.
    It's not blue people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

They don't show wees either. And in feminine hygiene ads, the blood is blue :eek:

Wierdos

Edit-D'oh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

MooseJam wrote: »
    Think of all the products they try to sell us, toilet roll, toilet cleaners, bleaches scented stuff etc etc and I have never seen a dirty big log floating in a bowl, why can't they show Poo on tv, is this the last taboo left to be broken, we have seen nudity, the gay kiss, but the log in all it's glory remains elusive.

*awaits MooseJam's attempt at breaking this final barrier*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Fascinating observation! Maybe its down to stagefright, i.e. the poo guy froze when the pressure was on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Fascinating observation! Maybe its down to stagefright, i.e. the poo guy froze when the pressure was on!

but a bit of pressure is great for loosening the bowels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Washing up powder adds, there covered in blood and ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Nope, that's chocolate.
    Scatalogical matters remain the final frontier in terms of TV and most movies and especially ads where they're trying to sell you something, as if talking about sh*t or showing it maybe somehow blights your product (even when it's a cleaner or other item sold to deal with said sh*t).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I never understood baby pants commercials.
    What kinda baby pees blue liquid?

Also why do they insist on showing babies butts at 9am in the morning in the adds.
    Last thing I need to start the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, I've often wondered if paedophiles feel the same way about commercials featuring babies as we do about commercials featuring jessica alba

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

why can't they show Poo on tv, is this the last taboo left to be broken, we have seen nudity, the gay kiss, but the log in all it's glory remains elusive.
    You're obviously not watching enough South Park.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I saw a log on tv yesterday. It was on Charlie Brookers Screenwipes. Filthy hussy went into the corner and made a big ****, then didn't apologise for it.

agamemnon wrote: »

When the only really mainstream show that deals with the thing head on is a feckin' cartoon (yes, I know it's so much more thatn that) you start to see that we, as a society like to have a huge blindspot about matters like pissing, sh*tting and even farting. Love those ads about constipation and women stuffing handbags full of food...they don't even call it constipation FFS, I think they use bloated or somesuch....jesus call a spade a spade...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Wertz wrote: »
    Love those ads about constipation and women stuffing handbags full of food...they don't even call it constipation FFS, I think they use bloated or somesuch....jesus call a spade a spade...
    I love those ads for constipation remedies where women smile to the camera and tell us how "free" and "clear" they feel after using the products. I always think "Missus, you're just after blowing a torrent of scalding shite out of your arsehole and now you're telling the world."

Yes but it's all soo sanitised dahling....and if we close our eyes we can pretend it's an ad for Chanel No5....well except for the pleasant fragrances or lack thereof.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Yuk! Someone needs to flush this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I saw a log on tv yesterday. It was on Charlie Brookers Screenwipes. Filthy hussy went into the corner and made a big ****, then didn't apologise for it.

Yep,saw that too!Squatted in the corner next to the washing machine.It's repeated on BBC4 if anyone wants to see it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Good Lord you're right! It's a God damned disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

agamemnon wrote: »
    Or Jackass... or You Are What You Eat... or Wife Swap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

SFW - Screengrab from ad

Have you ever seen the cillit bang ads where the milf is cleaning her bathroom and has an absolutley skanky bath or toilet?

Also the "it's all gone" and "what does your loo say about you?" ads acknowledege that poo stinks

I'm loving this thread :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

They show shít in train spotting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

There was a good documentary on BBC2 recently called Boys From The Brown Stuff which is about sewerage workers in England. Plenty of sh*t in that. They talked about 'tasting the smell at the back of their throat'.

Actually I remember them discussing this on the Family Guy DVD commentary. They were commenting on how odd it was that its such a faux pas to show piss or sh*t on tv compared to everything else they get away with.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Wait a minute, what the hell is the OP talking about? Their is plenty of shít on shown tv. Sure isn't celebrity big brother starting up soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    There was a good documentary on BBC2 recently called Boys From The Brown Stuff which is about sewerage workers in England. Plenty of sh*t in that. They talked about 'tasting the smell at the back of their throat'.

It's not the same tho. I bet there was no shots of poop squeezing out of someones heinyhole before going splosh into the toiletbowl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

OP, watch Pink Flamingos: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069089/

Also there's that swimming pool scene in Caddyshack. Although I can't remember whether it's really a poo or something else but the people only THINK it's a poo. Whatever it is, Bill Murray takes a bite out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Why can't we be more like Japan?

JC 2K3 wrote: »

That is quite possibly one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Thank you.

JC 2K3 wrote: »

I've a bashful bladder so there'd be no way I'd be able to piss when theres people around me chanting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

NSFW - www.ratemypoo.com - NSFW. for loads of prizewinning logs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Tha Japanese thing is hilarious\disturbing in equal measure.

As for sh1t on tv, of course they show sh1t on TV. Have you never seen CSI Miami?.....

*tumbleweed*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    As for sh1t on tv, of course they show sh1t on TV. Have you never seen CSI Miami?.....

*tumbleweed*
    Sorry to go a bit off-topic but it's hilariously bad:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sarYH0z948

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

They don't show wees either. And in feminine hygiene ads, the blood is blue

its deoxygenated blood and its kept in a vacuum so it doesn't become oxygenated. an all of the platelets are taken out and its diluted !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Karoma wrote: »
    Sorry to go a bit off-topic but it's hilariously bad:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sarYH0z948

Brilliant. Intentionally bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

That Japanese vid is definitely one of the funniest things I've ever, ever seen! Thanks so much for it, JC 2K3!

Damn. Clip no longer on YouTube. Oh well, here's the dialogue:
    I'm disrespectful to dirt!
    Can you see I am serious!

Get out of my way, all of you!
    This is no place for loafers.
    Join me or die.
    Can you do any less?

For lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yay, Mr Sparkle. out of my way, all of you.

That clip is hilarious. What a fun happy time they have in japan at toilet time.

Lawl at the kid squeezing a dirt at the end :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Pigman II wrote: »
    It's not the same tho. I bet there was no shots of poop squeezing out of someones heinyhole before going splosh into the toiletbowl?

you mean like in '2girls1cup'?

no.
    closest was a scene when the two guys were in the sewer and someone above flushed a toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    you mean like in '2girls1cup'?

no.
    closest was a scene when the two guys were in the sewer and someone above flushed a toilet.

And were they like : *Sigh* "Same sh1t. different day"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭david1two3

If the gay kiss isnt edited carefully you may get a bit lumberjacks lipstick .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭david1two3

Spain trotting didnt have any rules to guide it by, but I found it so awful I couldnt watch it.Where do you get the fada from?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Yes,the whole heroin-glorifying pop video was shiit!

• Advertisement

NSFW - www.ratemypoo.com - NSFW. for loads of prizewinning logs.

Steady on there son,i got a spanking for putting up a picture of some bloke taking a dump from that site!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They always had a captain's log in Star Trek .... always wondered how it got promoted.........................

There was loads of floating logs at the biginning of the Beachcombers!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

I think there is enough sh!te on TV already.

That Japanese video is quality though!

david1two3 wrote: »
    Spain trotting didnt have any rules to guide it by, but I found it so awful I couldnt watch it.Where do you get the fada from?

ctrl + alt + i gives you í, I can type shit but this way is just easier.

Advertisement