Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2007 PS 50:Laughable

• 20-12-2007 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭

The 2007 PS 50

1. Kurt Angle
    2. Nigel McGuiness
    3. KENTA
    4. Yuji Nagata
    5. Randy Orton
    6. Samoa Joe
    7. Bryan Danielson
    8. Shawn Michaels
    9. Naomichi Marufuji
    10. Hiroshi Tanahashi
    11. Takeshi Morishima
    12. Christian Cage
    13. The Undertaker
    14. Jay Briscoe
    15. Mark Briscoe
    16. AJ Styles
    17. Ricky Marvin
    18. Katsuhiko Nakajima
    19. CIMA
    20. Kensuke Sasaki
    21. Edge
    22. Kotaro Suzuki
    23. Jeff Hardy
    24. Jay Lethal
    25. Batista
    26. Austin Aries
    27. Umaga
    28. Chris Sabin
    29. John Cena
    30. Matt Hardy
    31. Matt Sydal
    32. Go Shikzaki
    33. Delirious
    34. CM Punk
    35. Roderick Strong
    36. Christopher Daniels
    37. Finlay
    38. Homicide
    39. Booker T
    40. Kevin Steen
    41. Abyss
    42. Claudio Castagnoli
    43. Rhino
    44. El Generico
    45. John Morrison
    46. Triple H
    47. James Storm
    48. Rob Van Dam
    49. Rey Mysterio
    50. Doug Williams

I'm on my way out at the moment, so i haven't time to vent my spleen but this was too funny not to post. Bear in mind this is a workrate based list.

How in the name of Christ was Angle the best worker in the world last year!?I can't name even 3 decent bouts he had all year! They MUST be taking the piss. I'd have Angle somewhere between 30 and 40 at most on my list. He's finished as a credible worker.

How is Michaels down at 8 and Cena so far down at 29? What a laugh! Danielson, the clear coice for number 1 down at 9!? Tanahashi, a nailed on top fiver down at 10!?

Just goes to show that PowerSlam really is a ****ty ****ty magazine thats not worth the paper its printed on.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Workrate based, it is pretty strange. Are they just counting the matches that guys have had in America, or Japan too? Oh, since Tanahashi and Nagata are on it, I presume they're counting Japan too. In that case, I don't think KENTA should be that high at all. Marufuji's been a lot better than him this year, although KENTA had the best single's match. But that was with Bryan Danielson, the guy who everyone has their best match with!

Joe's done nothing for most of this year. He had a really good match with Christian at some PPV, but apart from that it's kinda sad how far he's dropped since 2005/2006

Rhino? What did he do this year?

I wonder if they actually watch the matches these guys have been in. Kotaro Suzuki has bad singles matches, but good tag matches, and that's mostly because of Ricky Marvin. There's at least four New Japan junior heavyweights who've been miles ahead of Suzuki this year and none of them are on the list. It gives a strange view of the Japanese scene

Michaels is obviously too far down, Cena even more so

I wouldn't really mind it, but some people put so much faith into lists like this from magazines and they go off thinking that it's the truth. If someone on the forum posted that list and it was what they thought then fair enough, they might get some questions about it but it's their opinion. Powerslam are meant to be some sort of authority that readers can put their faith in, but that list is just arseways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

its all about personal perference and in the end thats all pro-wrestling will ever be about, personal perference. There will never be a competition to prove who is the greatest wrestler or the greatest worker so what one person thinks should have no bearing on the next person, nobody is right, nobody is wrong. I could easily say BDV is wrestler of the year, most people his size are usually unable to walk let alone wrestle :)

people will differ in opinion when it comes to whether michaels or hart were the better worker or who out of Kobashi/Misawa or Kawada was the best worker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

dont see the point in getting worked up over it tbh,its just a list from other peoples preferences,id have put michaels at #1 for workrate alone even though he was out injured for a few months, Edge and Cena at #2 and #3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

flahavaj doesn't like angle thats why he is so upset ;)

I assume PS and Fin martin are basing their picks on durability throughout 2007, cena, michaels, edge, and trips have all missed large chucks of the year through injury and thats probably why they are not near(er) the top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

When did ths month's issue come out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

People only agree with lists when the list agrees with persons opinion.

Angle has been very consisitent troughout the year and deserves the number 1 spot.

rizzla wrote: »
    People only agree with lists when the list agrees with persons opinion.

I don't think you'll find a single person who watches NOAH regularly who'd agree with Kotaro Suzuki being that high. To me that list looks like someone heard that Suzuki has been in good tag matches with Ricky Marvin this year and decided that he must be really good himself. He's not. He does rest holds for no reason. He does several tombstone piledrivers per match. On Kobashi's comeback show, in a 6-man tag without Ricky Marvin there to help him, he did a stupid looking no-sell bit in the middle of the match, it made no sense and killed the crowd. He's always botching moves. He shouldn't even be on the list, and I don't believe that he would be if whoever made the list had actually watched him this year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Angle v Joe: Ironman match:Final Resolution 2007

Angle v Christian Cage:Against All Odds 2007

Lethal Lockdown: Lockdown 2007

King of the Mountain: Slammiversary 2007

Angle v Rhino v Christian Cage: Impact long episode

Angle v Joe: Hard Justice 2007

Angle v Lethal: No Surrender 2007

Angle v Abyss: No Surrender 2007

Angle v Sting: Bound for Glory 2007

Angle v Kaz: Impact

Point proven and
    Angle v Cage at Final Resolution
    should be great. Thats just on PPV never mind the great matches hes been part of on Impact.

Angle vs Sting is the only one of those matches that I'd hold up as a great match. Michaels has had numerous ones, Cena too, Tanahashi and Nagata the same, KENTA, Danielson, Orton and Marufuji as well. I wouldn't put Angle ahead of any of those guys. And even that one great match that he had, it was ruined by interference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Cena has had far better matches than Angle this year!! Jesus, he dragged a decent match out of Khali! Cena should be much higher up in this joke of a list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

rossie1977 wrote: »
    flahavaj doesn't like angle thats why he is so upset ;)

I assume PS and Fin martin are basing their picks on durability throughout 2007, cena, michaels, edge, and trips have all missed large chucks of the year through injury and thats probably why they are not near(er) the top

flahavaj indeed does not like Angle! The fact that those other guys had more great matches in less of the time just proves again that having Angle at the top is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Fozzy wrote: »
    I don't think you'll find a single person who watches NOAH regularly who'd agree with Kotaro Suzuki being that high. To me that list looks like someone heard that Suzuki has been in good tag matches with Ricky Marvin this year and decided that he must be really good himself. He's not. He does rest holds for no reason. He does several tombstone piledrivers per match. On Kobashi's comeback show, in a 6-man tag without Ricky Marvin there to help him, he did a stupid looking no-sell bit in the middle of the match, it made no sense and killed the crowd. He's always botching moves. He shouldn't even be on the list, and I don't believe that he would be if whoever made the list had actually watched him this year

Agreed absolutely, their Japanese coverage is abysmal and they pay no attention to kucha or indeed british wrestling for that matter. As yoiu say its like they say "I've heard that KENTA guy is wuite good, put him in the top five to appease the smarks." Of course doing that just makes it worse as the picks they made show that they've obviously seen little or nothing of the guys involved.

And yes, Auzuki is nothing without Marvin. I hate the way he has to use that handspring elbow like 50 times in a match.

Advertisement