Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SE K550i & W610i differences?

• 20-12-2007 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭

Are there any differences between these phones regarding the accessories they come with?

I know there are almost no differences to the actual phones, aside from the lack of a protective camera shutter on the W610i.

The W610i always seems to be pictured with headphones, and it's Walkman branding suggests it comes with a memory card.
    Does this mean it has more with it than the K550i?

o2 have the K550i for 119€ & the W610i is 169€ on Meteor.
    Unless the W610i comes with some extras I'm struggling to see the point in getting it over the K550i.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=1846&idPhone1=1845

I believe the O2 k550i is one is iMode (k550im). Lack of support for Java applications being one of the major things I dislike. That and the browser being crap imo.

Feature wise otherwise they seem very similiar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Your thinking of the k550im which is the imode version. The k550i is a standard java enabled phone and will work happily afaik with the likes of opera mini for an improved browsing experience.

Off the top of my head the k550 packs an fm radio, a basic mp3 player and a 2 megapixel autofocus camera. Memory card wise I don't think there's any included, though I could be wrong. Phone has a few meg to spare in anycase. Sony Memory stick cards are about 40 for a gig if you buy em highstreet. As for discount and you shall receive, well probably. Online they're filthy cheap.

The w610 is similar spec, dimensions etc but the camera is fixed focus as oppossed to auto. As a trade off you get the walkman music player plus a better set of headphones. There's a 512 mb card bundled as well afaik.

Thats it really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

He mentioned O2 doing the k550i which is why I mentioned the k550im because that's the only one O2 do to the best of my knowledge.

++ edit
    I stand corrected. It seems they've started doing the k550i now without iMode. It's about time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

neilled wrote: »
    The w610 is similar spec, dimensions etc but the camera is fixed focus as oppossed to auto.

You must be thinking of a different phone.
    Every report I've seen says the W610i has the same auto focus lens as the K550i.

Thanks for the replies.
    Meteor's site is no help but GSM Arena does say the W610i has a 512MB card included. No great value considering the thing costs 50€ more than a K550i.

Advertisement