Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics cards in town....

Options
  • 20-12-2007 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

What is the best place in town to buy a new graphics card.

I need to buy one tomorrow, cos i just built a new comp not realising that my old card was an agp and i need a PCI-E.

I was in peats today buying a case and i didn't really see and good cards.

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭TheThreeDegrees

no way jose!

did the same myself and in the end settled for a cheap and cheerful pci card I got from adverts to carry me over till the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

my names not jose ;) but anyway, i really want to get one tomorrow, cos im dying to test out my new build!!! i have about 150 to spend on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Get yourself some 3V vouchers from your local post office and buy from komplett. No ffin way would Ibuy from the sh***y ripoff screw ya sideways retailers in town. If your that desperate try http://marx-computers.com not much better but you could get worse. Hes on the northside btw.

ah yeah, i forgot about marx. that would be closer for me anyway. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

Max Burns on Batchelors Walk is normally quite good for components

• Advertisement

ok, so i have narrowed it down to:

XFX Geforce 8600GT 512MB 540MHZ PCI-X - €150 from max burns
    or
    Geforce 8600GT PCIExpress 256MB - €150 from marxcomputers

which one is better??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

both are pretty much the same card apart from the xfx has double the memory.

max burns are sold out, so im goin up to marxcomputers now. thanks for the ehlp guys! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Prices aren't great. I would get the cheapest card possible - 2400Pro. Then get a better one post Christmas. Because for that budget in a retail shop, you aren't going to get a good performer in terms of the latest games. Assuming, that is, you'll be gaming. If not, the 2400Pro would be fine for general use.

For 150 from Komplett you can get the HD3850, which destroys the 8600GT in totality, which itself costs 150 on Marx.

If there's a PC World near you they sell low end cards at reasonable prices too. About 40 euro for a 6200, basic but functional and will do in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

there's always adverts/BNS

• Advertisement
Advertisement