Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what will your funeral be?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭redtom

Just throw my body to a bunch of lions or tigers in dublin zoo, I'm sure they'll make short work of me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Actually, I wouldnt mind that whole dessication/compression thing that turns you into a diamond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I thought it would be interesting to note that the ashes that result from a cremation aren't ashes at all. In the business they're called "cremains", and are primarily composed of pulverised bone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Definitely like the idea of a headstone, just to leave a little mark somewhere.

That reminds me of the old joke about the Epitaph on the Atheists headstone that reads 'Here lies Joe Bloggs, an Atheist. All dressed up and nowhere to go'

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Um, whatever people want when I'm dead, they can make me into a puppet for all I care.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 artie ziff

here's a theory- agnostics shouldn't know what will happen to them after death and atheists shouldn't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Insightful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Viking funeral. Put on a longboat with my favourite possessions, shoved out on the sea or a suitably big lake, and set alight.

Probably illegal, but not like they can punish me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

I've filled all the paperwork out to donate my body to science [not as cool as it sounds as they are just going to let 1st and 2nd year med students poke at you but hey your dead so doesn't matter] After a while when they are done poking they cremate the bodies and give the ashes to next of kin. If my next of kin needs to have some sort of religious service in order for them to deal thats their choice....like I said I'll be dead so why should i care.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

ztoical wrote: »
    I've filled all the paperwork out to donate my body to science [not as cool as it sounds as they are just going to let 1st and 2nd year med students poke at you but hey your dead so doesn't matter] After a while when they are done poking they cremate the bodies and give the ashes to next of kin. If my next of kin needs to have some sort of religious service in order for them to deal thats their choice....like I said I'll be dead so why should i care.

Maybe I'll give my body to Gunther von Hagens so I can be cut up on telly!

• Advertisement
Advertisement