Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McMahon and Savage

• 20-12-2007 9:54pm

anyone know the reason why Vince does not like the "Macho Man"???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

urban legend has it old randy broke in steph when she was 14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ha! now that would be hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Nobody knows for sure but I've heard Meltzer's say that whenever a creative team member brings up Savage's name for the Hall of Fame or for some sort of appearance, Vince shoots it down straight away and won't discuss it any further, whereas he might allow some discussion on other guys who he's not on good terms with

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

I'm not sure why Savage and WWE are on bad terms either, but it's a pity. I remember reading an interview with Savage in Raw magazine a few years back, and going by that the two sides were on very good terms. I had hoped since then that Savage would be inducted into the HoF and we'd get a best of DVD. That doesn't look likely though unfortunately. Really, how many big names are left to be inducted into the HoF at this stage? And I'd surely buy a best of DVD with all his greatest matches. I'm hoping that the two sides will work out their differences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

I read that somewhere too that the macho man got macho over Steph.:D

Maybe they could do a storyline where Macho Man is a rapist.:D

Other theories is that Vince didn't take too lightly that Macho Man effectively "walked out" on McMahon and the then WWF over money etc but I find this very strange as Hall and Nash left for this reason too and they came back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

ha ha thats sick about Macho poppin Stephs cherry!, it would of been 20 odd years ago but even still back then he was an ugly balding bastard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Some of what I have heard of Savage, I'm suprised that he lasted as long as he did!

There was heat with Savage's dad and Vince senior from the old days of the regional promoters due to his running a promotion outside of the "circle", so to speak. When Poffo senior was talking business to WWF in the mid 80's, part of the deal cut was that Vince had to take on Angelo's two sons on long term deals; Savage worked out really well in the end but sites like Wrestlecrap are the ones most interested in Lanny "Genius" Poffo, who cost Vince a large fortune for his jobber role.

Savage was also seen as a poor replacement for Hogan in his first reign as champ in 1988, a move that saw some revenue drops in the company attributed to his work not being up there and some less than stellar feuds aside that of Ted Di Biase. Truth be known, he was very much under the thumb of both Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior yet being compared by many to Ric Flair (who was at his height in NWA work wise), who was white hot over at the time. His later reign didn't do much better, again taking place as another slump in business was being felt.

Backstage, Savage was looked upon as a **** stirrer who was out for himself over any other wrestler (The story of Savage and Honky Tonk is now well worn) with a wicked temper and a penchant for ratting out guys he didn't like. Tales of how he treated Elizabeth are also ten a penny, he was even known to lock her in dressing rooms, rental cars and in one case, a boiler room. He was well known for stiffing wrestlers and causing fist fights back stage, Hogan even took a few choice digs before a Wrestlemania!

Savage often hardballed on his contracts, a move that save his moving to WCW in the 90's. He was supposed to have tried to blackmail Vince at the time of the Steroid Trials in the mid 90's for a vastly improved contract; a move that wasn't well received to say the least. Lastly, when Vince was bidding to buy WCW in 2001, Savage was a rival bidder for the assets and was less than helpful at the time, bidding some $21 million and managing to hold up the sale at a time when WWE felt they had some chance to save some of the TV spots.

That and he shagged Stephanie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Is it true Road Warrior Hawk knocked him out, when Savage started squaring up to him, backstage?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

If the Macho Man does not get into the HOF due to a bad relationship with Vinnie Mac it would be a shame.

It's more of a shame that Sammartino hasn't gotten in, but the WWE Hall of Fame isn't really worth much. If Vince doesn't like someone, they won't get in, no matter how much they deserve to be in it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Savage is the man!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

Fozzy wrote: »
    It's more of a shame that Sammartino hasn't gotten in, but the WWE Hall of Fame isn't really worth much. If Vince doesn't like someone, they won't get in, no matter how much they deserve to be in it

Bruno is a different case though. They've offered him a place in the HOF and he refused it.

According to hawk on some shoot interview he said he did punch out savage but it was backstage at a concert

Yeah, that's true. My point is just that the WWE Hall of Fame shouldn't really be looked at as being that important

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i added a video to the video thread where macho hints at his previous relationship with stephanie :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

apoch632 wrote: »
    Bruno is a different case though. They've offered him a place in the HOF and he refused it.

Rightly so. The WWE HOF is a joke. William Perry was in a WWE for, what, 5 minutes? Why should he be in it?

Didn't Bob Backlud pull out, too, after hearing Pete Rose was going to be inducted?

The Wrestling Observer HOF is the real HOF imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

From the observer, upcoming dvd's for 2008:

2/12 -- The Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin
    3/25 -- Triple H: The King of Kings
    5/6 -- Evolution of the Hardys
    6/3 -- The Rock
    7/8 -- Best of Starrcade
    8/5 -- 20-disc SummerSlam Anthology
    8/5 -- Life and Times of Mr. Perfect
    11/4 -- Edge
    11/18 -- RANDY SAVAGE: MACHO MADNESS
    12/9 -- STING

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

thats interesting that wwe would release a sting dvd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Funny I was earlier thinking how great a Macho Man DVD would be. Interesting stuff. Oooh yeah...

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Best of Starrcade? Nice one.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Macho Man DVD ends up just like the Ultimate Warrior's one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Savage was one of the most consistent performers of the 80s he should have his own dvd, it is odd that Sting is getting a dvd release surely the fact hes a TNA employee would prevent him from talking on it? and hes never worked for the WWE so they cant really say anything negative about him, i wonder if Flair gets inducted into the HOF this year will they induct the horsemen, steamboat and sting as they were his running buddies like they did for orndoff,piper,jimmy hart when hogan went in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Mr. Perfect! Lovely stuff!!!

That Sting one is strange, WWE hasn't had anything to do with him really....

Like Fozzy said, I'd say the Macho Man one will just bury him for 2 hours.

The Rock DVD is intriguing too I think. Hopefully the Great One will be very much involved in it. I'd be very interested in hearing his thoughts on his most recent heel run as I found that to be a very entertaining time. That DVD could be super.

I actually find it quite sad that the new generations of wrestling fans have missed out on The Rock. The fact that they regard the crap DX 'comedy' skits as the pinnacle of entertainment is a real shame. The Rock blows them and everybody else out of the water. Still, maybe we should count ourselves lucky that we got to see him. He's like the Elvis Presley of the wrestling scene. He won't be bettered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I actually find it quite sad that the new generations of wrestling fans have missed out on The Rock. The fact that they regard the crap DX 'comedy' skits as the pinnacle of entertainment is a real shame. The Rock blows them and everybody else out of the water. Still, maybe we should count ourselves lucky that we got to see him. He's like the Elvis Presley of the wrestling scene. He won't be bettered.

Santino > The Rock lol

Randy Savage probably will come back one day if Vince knows he can make enough money out of him, otherwise he will just be another old face and remain that way.

Dean820 wrote: »
    Santino > The Rock lol

Nah Santino's not in The Rock's league. Not yet anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

santino will never be greater than the rock because he has all his promos written for him. Hes just a paid voice on the mic....Rock came up with all his own stuff....therefore

Rock == Mic God

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I presume they're releasing the Sting DVD cause it'll be a money maker, nothing else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 transporter-d

I was on youtube lookin up Randy Savage and i found a couple of vids,well he rants on about Hogan and HHH and states that he will take steph mcmahon around the block,but as for him returning to the wwe there aint a hope in hell,vince sacked him and his younger brother years ago,leaping lenny poffo for steroid abuse but i heard hes going to TNA in the near future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I was on youtube lookin up Randy Savage and i found a couple of vids,well he rants on about Hogan and HHH and states that he will take steph mcmahon around the block,but as for him returning to the wwe there aint a hope in hell,vince sacked him and his younger brother years ago,leaping lenny poffo for steroid abuse but i heard hes going to TNA in the near future
    link

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

I can't see that Savage dvd being anything other than a burial of the guy, considering the circumstances. Which would be a horrible shame. ALthough there are more than a few people think savage/hogan is going to happen at wrestlemania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭hammy140

On a slighly off topic note, Machoman.com has finally changed. I've been keeping tabs on it for the past few years since it shut down around four years ago. Up til last week, it was "I'm back, ooh yeah" and Savage's eyes appeared. That was all.
    Now, all of a sudden,there is a new Machoman.com logo in a kind of steel effect font, with "Put your face on it" as a sub heading.
    Does anyone think this may have something to do with the upcoming WWE dvd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Look at the keywords in the source of the website:

<meta name="keywords" content="macho man, machoman, randy, savage, machoman.com, man, hogan, hulk, wwe, wwf, nwo, wrestling, macho man randy savage, randy macho man savage">

Why would he have wwe there along with Hulk Hogan?

Because they're the things he's most associated with I guess. I wouldn't read into it too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

According to the Observer the Sting and Randy Savage dvd releases are being cancelled, apparently Kevin Dunn put the whole list together and included the two stars as Vince wanted more bigger name releases - Vince has now rejected these two releases as he wants nothing to do with Savage (still) and Sting has resigned with TNA.

So there you go. No Macho Man dvd.

No surprise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

So there you go. No Macho Man dvd.
    Ooooooohhh...
    No.

Would love to know what the cause of the Vince/Macho Man hatred is (can't be that rumour, surely? :eek:)

Guess he's not going in the Hall of Fame this year even though it's 20 years since he won the belt at Wrestlemania. Shame.

Advertisement