Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDMI cable with 360 pro?

• 20-12-2007 9:58pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Only just got a 360 pro 20 gig version the other day,im using the component cable that came with the console and the switch set to hdtv.
    A friend told me i cant get a hdmi cable as they only work with the 360 elite?
    Is this true?
    Is there much difference between the component and hdmi cable?
    Im running at 1080i on a panasonic 32" viera lcd tv.
    It looks amazing but wonder if i can get a better image.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Depends on whether you got a hdmi port in the 360, if not then there's no point in buying a cable. Newer models have in built hdmi ports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭still_raining

The newest 360 pros all have HDMI as far as I know so you can just check on the back of your console for it. As for component vs HDMI, the difference can be noticeable but is generally not much. HDMI cables can be pricey if you want a good one so it's up to yourself really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

The newest 360 pros all have HDMI as far as I know so you can just check on the back of your console for it. As for component vs HDMI, the difference can be noticeable but is generally not much. HDMI cables can be pricey if you want a good one so it's up to yourself really.

Paying extra for a decent HDMI cable is a waste of money, it will still be transferring the exact same data as a €10 cable...
    I noticed feck all difference between the component and HDMI cable on my PS3, but for €10 you can't go far wrong if you want a bit of a better picture + digital sound

Advertisement