Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you an obsessive button pusher?

• 20-12-2007 11:04pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone a button pusher or know of anyone who is? Its a peculiar thing. You got to press all the buttons on the remote control, just to see what they do. Or while in your car you press some of the buttons knowing what to do, just to press them.

Or while in the toilets in a pub, you press the buttons on the vending machine without putting money in it just to see what will happen.

So bizarre and addictive! Anyone else suffer with it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

faceman wrote: »
    Anyone a button pusher or know of anyone who is? Its a peculiar thing. You got to press all the buttons on the remote control, just to see what they do. Or while in your car you press some of the buttons knowing what to do, just to press them.

Or while in the toilets in a pub, you press the buttons on the vending machine without putting money in it just to see what will happen.

So bizarre and addictive! Anyone else suffer with it?

What? I've never heard of that before...:confused:

Although when it comes to the remote if i'm bored i sometimes have to feel the whole of every button, rim, everything on it and know that i've felt the complete surface area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

I think thats called Obsessive Compulsive Disorder rather than button pushing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

oh yes...I'm with you there. I think it all started when i was younger and had to be the one pushing the button so the green man would guide you across the road!!..oohhh I loves me buttons!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'd say I've a fairly moderate case of it. I always wonder what they do, but then once I know I'm content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Yes...I was in an Airbus cockpit in Dublin Airport in the days before crazy security, and my button pushing tendencies were not to the likings of the engineer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

yeah, have a bit of OCBP myself, always press the 'retract mirrors' button on my car, i'll do it atleast twice no matter where im driving..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Yes

well done.:rolleyes:

Oh hell yes. I'm the guy that always presses the red button, or any "Do Not Touch" buttons. Vending machines are good fun, especially when they bring up messages; the ones the mechanics use when fixing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Just like in Father Ted....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Yeah I suppose I do that actually. I especially love ones that have a satisfying 'Click', you can't beat it ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

SaxoDuff wrote: »
    yeah, have a bit of OCBP myself, always press the 'retract mirrors' button on my car, i'll do it atleast twice no matter where im driving..

Retract mirrors button? Very fancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Buttons, no. But I compulsively open up stuff, e.g. constantly taking off the battery cover on remote controls, phone, etc. Damn things always fall off too.

DonalN wrote: »
    well done.:rolleyes:

Thank you! Thank you!

*bows*

I'm here every Thursday folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭pdebarra

Buttons, no. But I compulsively open up stuff, e.g. constantly taking off the battery cover on remote controls, phone, etc. Damn things always fall off too.

Naw, that's just fidgeting. Sorry, mate :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I push yore ma's buttons ;)

Actually, I bought a new calculator a few weeks ago. I spent a good half hour, pressing random buttons to see what they did, as it had some quite nifty features that are actually impressive. Then I had a moment of clarity and realised what a freak I was...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Definately can't resist the urge to push all the buttons on a new tv remote Mmmmmmmmm - Satisfying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭eldeabroad

I push yore ma's buttons ;)

damn - got there before me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Oh I love pushing buttons - especially nice 'clicky' ones. When they're nice and new and not gone soft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

`1234567890-qwertyuiop[]\ASDFGHJKL;'
    zXCVBNM,./ 789+456+123

I guess I am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

the remote control- all buttons have to be pressed once just to see what they do, then i can move on with my life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I love pressing the button for the maid to bring me tea.
    I don't have a maid, but I do have a button and it makes me feel good to press it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Whatever you do, don't press this one
    :D

Hagar wrote: »
    I don't have a maid, but I do have a button and it makes me feel good to press it.

but how do you get the tea then ??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Hagar wrote: »

Hagar's house:
    Hagar pushes button and bell goes off. Enter Hagar's ma.
    "what did i tell you about pressing that shaggin button again? DO it again and you'll be gettin a red bottom. Now there's your shaggin tea, hurry up and get ready for mass"
    Hagar: "Thanks ma"
    ...pushes button...

dam it .. i pressed it, but the link is blocked in work as its classed as "fun", so noww i dont know what it does, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

I hope one of you button pushers doesn't end up working in the United States' Military :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Damn yous..

You damned button pushers are whats wrong with America!

And ye don't even live there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

Yea you just got to know what they do...

and mobile phones too... and house fones... and other stuff...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

The best are any buttons (or switches) that makes a satisfying "ker-chunk" noise when used. When I was in primary school the computers we had where 386's with throw switches to turn them on, they made a very satisfying noise followed by the rising hum of the machine turning on. The perfect switch! :D

Kevok wrote: »
    The best are any buttons (or switches) that makes a satisfying "ker-chunk" noise when used. When I was in primary school the computers we had where 386's with throw switches to turn them on, they made a very satisfying noise followed by the rising hum of the machine turning on. The perfect switch! :D

buttons are one thing. but switches? you are one sick, really sick individual. off to PI wit ya.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

that entertained me for ages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Buttons I like, I'm one of those people who doesn't read the manual for anything I buy and figure it all out by pushing the various buttons.

You know...the guy who always has to bring his new electronics back to the store the day after he bought it claiming that it broke and he didn't even touch it. That's me, the button pusher :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

If ya push the right buttons in some of after hrs threads you might even score with the wimmins :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

faceman wrote: »
    DO it again and you'll be gettin a red bottom.

:eek: I didn't know Hagar's ma had a strap on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

She only uses it at Christmas, tough titty.

Yippee aye oh k y.

Advertisement