Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppy

Options
  • 20-12-2007 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I just got 3 7 week old collie x's. I'm fostering them for a while for DID until their forever homes can be found. Thing is it's been years since I had pups so any tips on helping thse little guys settle in would be great. Also anyone with experience introducing resident cats to new pups?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I would imagine that your first port of call for advice would be the rescue you are fostering for. They should be able to tell you everything you need to know as they'll have, or should have the experience to be able to answer your questions.

What kind of tips are you looking for exactly? Are you having any specific issues? Are they crying at night? It'll be easier for them to settle in as there's 3 of them so they have eachother for company rather than one puppy being on his own. They'll need 4 small meals a day, what were you given to feed them with? Have they been checked by a vet, what did he/she say? Have they been wormed/vacc'd?

Can't really help with the cat thing as our cat was brought up with dogs so never batted an eyelid at a new arrival. I'd take any introductions very slowly though and always under close supervision.

Advertisement