Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Empty forum?

• 21-12-2007 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

Why no threads? Am I allowed to talk about Gran Turismo V4 and Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PS2) here? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The forum is just set to show threads from a certain time (like Last 10 days, Last Month, etc under Display options in the forum), that is probably why you don't see anything. Tis a quiet forum though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Why no threads? Am I allowed to talk about Gran Turismo V4 and Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PS2) here? :)

You can talk as much as you like about them, you might talking to yourself though :D. Very, very few people would regard them as sims.

Anyway, yea, its a quiet forum, with so many others around its really just an odd post here or there about a new sim/mod/wheel or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Big bra's!
    Can't wait for gt5 though:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Chunky Monkey

Maybe not Need for Speed but Gran Turismo would be close enough no? There's a new GT 5 coming out??? Oh lemme guess it's only for the PS3 :(

Maybe not Need for Speed but Gran Turismo would be close enough no? There's a new GT 5 coming out??? Oh lemme guess it's only for the PS3 :(

Its not close at all. Not to say its not fun tho, im partial to a bit of GT4 every now and then. GT5 will probably be no better in terms of realism (physics) but the graphics look good so far.

TBH turning the GT series into a sim (regardless of their claims) would kill it, it would be too difficult to play with a hand controller and most people want something thats fairly easy to get to grips with. The GT series is exactly that, easy to get the hang of (probably hard to master, cant really comment), has some "desirable" is low hassle to get up and running and good fun.

• Advertisement

I can never get a gold in those goddamn driving lessons...it is hard to master! Whereas need for speed is a lot easier but also a lot of fun. In fact I'm gonna go off and play it now :)

Nobody can get a gold in them, there a bollox i can only manage 2:(

Plug wrote: »
    Nobody can get a gold in them, there a bollox i can only manage 2:(

I thought most of the exams were easy enough to get a gold in. You just have to persevere :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

I thought most of the exams were easy enough to get a gold in. You just have to persevere :)

same here

For the older versions, not for GT 4!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

For the older versions, not for GT 4!

true very hard to get gold in GT4

Even if you go the shortest lines for a track best you might do is a silver.

Plug wrote: »
    Even if you go the shortest lines for a track best you might do is a silver.

Thats because the shortest lines are not the quickest. ;) Generally the best line is a compromise between that "straightens" a given corner and the shortest distance, utilising the full width of the track. Where you apex depends on the track width, corner radius and the length of the following straight.

For example you will often sacrifice the entry speed and make a late apex on a tight hairpin before a long straight so that you have the car pointed in such as way that you can apply as much power as possible.

Its more complicated than this but in essence this is how it works:

Use the full width of the track and play around with your apex/kerb clipping point you will probably see a drop in your times.

Also keep in mind that late/heavy braking can cost you time, even if you don't miss youir apex. Especially for faster corners, late/hard braking can cost you time as it messes with the cars balance, try to brake less and earlier to maintain balance and you will be surprised at how much speed you can carry thru the corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Slow in, Fast out.

Advertisement