Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPIN feature on music and comics and upcoming anthology

Options
  • 21-12-2007 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

Its been hinted about for a bit now but still not alot of info out yet. Couple of blog posts popping up with some word on the upcoming Tori Amos comic anthology called Comic Book Tattoo - a selection of comics based on the music of Tori Amos. Rantz Hosley is to edit and a few hints of the contributor list [some of the Act-i-vat crew, Lea Hernandez, Tom Williams]

More details should be in the january issue of SPIN magazine. its part of a feature on comics and music with some artwork by the amazing Hope Larson and a piece on Gerald Way's Umbrella Academy so worth checking SPIN out if you don't normally.

The anthology is looking to be out in the summer from Image. It will also be sold during Tori Amos's up coming tour

ticket.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Gaiman may have something to do with this too I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

bombidol wrote: »
    Gaiman may have something to do with this too I reckon.

its possible - Rantz Hosley is the friend who originally gave Gaiman a tape of Tori’s music at a comic convention in the summer of ’91

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jonichat

Comics and Tori... fabulous!

nice big write up with pictures about the up coming Tori Amos Comic book tattoo

Lots of buzz for the launch of Comic Book Tattoo at SDCC this year and it seems every comics blog I read is doing write ups on it. The book itself is now out and on sale via the likes of amazon [at $20 for a whopping 480 pages or 14.99 on play.com]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

ztoical wrote: »
    Lots of buzz for the launch of Comic Book Tattoo at SDCC this year and it seems every comics blog I read is doing write ups on it. The book itself is now out and on sale via the likes of amazon [at $20 for a whopping 480 pages or 14.99 on play.com]

yeah...but still....its Tori Amos.... :(

now on the other hand if it was Iron Maiden that would be different :D

Not a fan of Tori Amos so I think I'll give this a miss, though some of the art looks very nice. There was some online video chat with her earlier that I stumbled into, asked a few questions none of which she answered.

Advertisement