Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia n95 - what is the coverage like?

Options
  • 21-12-2007 2:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I have a tomtom one, I'm pretty sick of the **** battery life and now that they have changed over to teleatlas I am thinking of selling it on ebay.

I am due a phone upgrade and I am considering getting an N95, as it would mean carrying around one less gadget. Can anyone tell me what the n95 gps coverage is like for Ireland, is it even comparable to navteq or teleatlas maps and how often do Nokia update the maps?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

Nephew wrote: »
    I have a tomtom one, I'm pretty sick of the **** battery life and now that they have changed over to teleatlas I am thinking of selling it on ebay.

I am due a phone upgrade and I am considering getting an N95, as it would mean carrying around one less gadget. Can anyone tell me what the n95 gps coverage is like for Ireland, is it even comparable to navteq or teleatlas maps and how often do Nokia update the maps?

Thanks

I am using N73 with Bluetooth receiver coverage is very good 9/10
    I have Route 66 mobile 7.53 installed the map source feels like it is
    a mix of V8/v9 of Garmin maps some Area or perfect and some not

You have be careful going though Dublin it can bring on to right turns
    on which you or not allowed to turn right
    (Needs a update for Dublin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

It's probably comparable to the navteq maps on my tomtom, 'turn right, do a u turn' when the road signs prohibit it. :D

How much does the route 66 software cost and do they release updates often?

I was also thinking of the Garmin Nuvi with the latest navteq maps for €230 in D.I.D as the battery life seems excellent compared to the tomtom one, but I really like the idea of an 8gb n95.

Also, how hard is it to use a phone as a satnav considering it doesn't have touchscreen.

Advertisement