Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brilliant 2nd hand book/record shop!

Options
  • 21-12-2007 5:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been to the 2nd hand bookshop over the religious bookshop on little catherine street, across from bean an tí. Its an absolute treasure trove, a real hidden gem. I got a TON of old vinyl there over the past two weeks! (original neil young, qouuen, dylan, jethro tull, beatles etc.) Plus it has books on eveything!, a bit ironic that it's over the religious shop!

great coffee too! browsers are as welcome as paying customers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Yeah the place is great isn't it the shop that used to be below in the market.

I think the ultimate irony in that building is that the religous shop set up in what was PJ's all the religous wares in there are tainted by the debauchery that happened in PJ's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

The only open second hand book store that I could find was the one in Anne Street between Tomas street and Roches street . I have been down tot he one near the market a load of times and it has been closed . I was told about this one in Little Cathrine Street last week so I went in there on Monday...............and it was closed . I have been trying to read the Micheal Connolly books in chronological order and I can't get my hands on one of them :(

There are two on high street one next to the wild onion and one just down from william street

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

yeah, its the one that used to be in the market alright, i was just dedlighted with the selection of old records!

pj's was a bit of a wild spot alrite, how come it closed?

PJ sold the lisence to Harris's I do believe he had his money made well :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement