Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it fashionable for guys to have long hair?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Long hair thats reaches below the ear lobe or that can be tied in a pony tail is my No.1 turnoff in a man.

Going by your pic, your's isn't THAT long yet so its passable, but i prefer tighter haircuts on a man to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

It does make you look a bit older than a pic I saw with your hair short (I bebo stalked you)

I think it's nice to look different from year to year, when you come to shaving it off again you'll prob look much older again. Go for it if you like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

dont listen to Bendihorse, long hair on a man can be totally hot as long as you keep it clean etc.

do what YOU want, dont let others dictate your hairstyle!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Will be growing mine for exactly a year tomorrow, its 50/50 some like it some don't - men can be as bad as women. Basically I wanted to grow it long so didn't really care about others opinions. I got bored with the same look - "Eh No. 3 at the back and sides and chop it up a bit on top, thanks" or else the full shave.

Long hair gives you more options, it depends on ultimately what kinda of look you want

Planning on getting a cut fairly soon, not to cut it all back but to get some shape on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

think people here forget, everyone likes and dislikes a different style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Unlike Bendihorse, it's my number 1 turn on :D The longer the better imo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

long hair on guys is an awesome thing, in general. the only problem usually is the middle stages, where it's too short to tie back, but gets all fuzzy and generally uncontrollable by the time it's reached the bottom of your ears...

i say stick with it and do as YOU want.

By long, I meant at most three inches.I know,it is not exactly long by girls standards!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

my hair's down to mly shoulders, and i dont really count it as being 'long'...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,274 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Depends what you mean by the word fashionable. It seems to be the 'in' thing to do at the moment.

Shouldn't really care whether or not that's the case though. I've seen plenty of guys with 'fashionable' long hair and it looks absolutely ridiculous on them.

Your main goal should be to figure out what kind of hair suits you.

About 8 years ago I started growing my own. Got the same flack you did. Just sat out the bad hair phase and now haven't had a haircut since. (Well, the odd trim ;)) Okay so it's probably considerably longer than you're aiming for, but you know what I mean.
    I'd imagine the people who gave me all that flack in the past would do the same to me now if I had it all cut off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Basically,I have been growing my hair since May.It is wavy and 2 inches long.I like it.There is some disagreement whether I should cut it(mainly from my mom and girl"friend")

I like it the way it is.So my question to the esteemed members of F&A!Should I cut it or keep it long?

Pic include for my own embarassment.Thank you!:)

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?PageNbr=1&MemberId=310543850&PhotoAlbumId=6036997345&PhotoId=6133239005

i'd probably grow my hair to that exact length and style expect my hair gets all fuzzy when long :o

seriously though, you shouldn't be asking for opinions as to whether you should chop it or grow it longer, have it they way you want and don't give a f**k what anyone else thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

grow it, you may like it, my hair is about 5 inches and i like it, though i did have long hair last month. and i miss it.

/me disapears to re-grow beard and hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Mine is about a foot long, and i'm in my 40's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Redrocket

Basically,I have been growing my hair since May.It is wavy and 2 inches long.I like it.There is some disagreement whether I should cut it(mainly from my mom and girl"friend")

I like it the way it is.So my question to the esteemed members of F&A!Should I cut it or keep it long?

Pic include for my own embarassment.Thank you!:)

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?PageNbr=1&MemberId=310543850&PhotoAlbumId=6036997345&PhotoId=6133239005

forget about getting with either of these two: http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?PageNbr=1&MemberId=310543850&PhotoAlbumId=6036997345&PhotoId=6037082992

if you grow your hair long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

2 inches in seven months? Have you been getting it trimmed consistantly?

Long hair suits some better than others. I had long hair for about 2 years and although I liked it it became extremely annoying. I'd never do it again, but it's nice to have done it once.

Do what you want, forget what others say. I'd say every guy that's grown his hair long has gotten abuse from someone about it at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I recommend a bowler hat and fake eyelashes.

Before:
    34275441a6036304630l.jpg

After:
    1172.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Cut it. It really isnt doing anything for you. It's fashoinable if you can get away with it which 99% of men can't. In my opinion of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Its all well and good you taking peoples advice, cut it/dont cut it.. but dont be a nob and do it because more people tell you to cut it than not.

If you want to grow your hair, grow it. If you want a certain look, then do it. Dont mind all these people as they are all different age groups to you, and they are all into different looks. My mam wants me to get my hair cut like one of the blondy chaps off of strictly come dancing.. i mean cmon...

Do what you want with your hair, dont get it cut because someone else says so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Forget the hair, you need to invest in a pair of eyebrows.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Forget the hair, you need to invest in a pair of eyebrows.

Unfortunate incident involving alcohol and a razor!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

omg I hadnt even noticed the eyebrows :O I suppose that means u look natural enough without them! Do you still not have any??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 John_flood73

Apparently it aint fashionable. I'm growning mine too. getting a bit of stick now which has made me all the more determined not to get it cut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

I've had so many styles the last few years it ain't even funny, including long hair, which i think was my worse.
    Long hair only suits some guys, same with skinny jeans and what not.

IMO ya should just shave the lot off and rock the skin head look, works for me.. ;)

3897912669a6450901515l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

im growin mine long too, some like it some dont, im taking major major stick from the lads about it but like john_flood, it just makes me more determined to grow it more!!

so basically some like it and some wont so do what you like!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I like it actually but I love longish messy hair on blokes so I would say that. It's not that long anyway! Don't listen to your mam or your girlfriend, it's your hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I like it actually but I love longish messy hair on blokes so I would say that. It's not that long anyway! Don't listen to your mam or your girlfriend, it's your hair.

I second this post. I like it. But I love long messy hair on guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

getting a bit of stick now which has made me all the more determined not to get it cut

Thats fkin right john, good man!

It aint fashionable? Fashion is someones opinion. Styles change because people want to copy what someone is wearing. Designers dictate what fashion is going to be for the sheep of this world, wear and look like you want to, not what 'fashion' says to wear! If what you(not directed at anyone) want to wear is what 'fashion' says to wear, more power to you if it makes you happy. Besides, fashion means zip without style and confidence in what you wear/look like. If your wearing/looking like you want to, that comes natural.

Advertisement