Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracking International post

Options
  • 21-12-2007 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

I'm expecting a parcel that is being delivered being sent from UK via Parcel line.

I have checked their website and the tracking, as usual, stops when it leaves uk and there has been nothing since on their site anyway.

How do you track a parcel from UK once it is in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Don't get me started.

We have received none of the parcels sent to us from Ireland this year.
    So far we know that seven, yes seven, have been stolen.
    None of my 13 year old son's Christmas presents have reached us.
    Stolen all of them. There is no other word for it.
    Robbing thieving bastards. I curse you all. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

Normally there is no difference between tracking in Ireland and other countries.

But as I said in another thread - this is the busiest week of the year for the courier companies. A lot of them have a lot of temporary staff and outsorce drivers, so the info in the systems tends to be delayed good bit, more mistakes happen as well.

But they are well aware that people waiting for their Christmas presents, and doing their best to deliver as many as possible before then. So all you can do really is to be patient, more likely than not you will get your parcel on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'm in the same boat - waiting for package from UK to Dublin.
    It's been nearly a week in some postal place in the UK, and only today is it being 'sent for delivery in EIRE'. Looks like it won't be here for Christmas as it's going to my work address :(
    As far as I know, they will update when it gets delivered, but no further tracking.
    I think it depends on what postal service / courier you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

I had a small parcel posted from the UK on sunday. Still waiting for it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

You should check if you service is guaranteed as well.

For example: UPS has 4 service levels in EU, 3 exspress ones and one Standard. Express ones are guaranteed, which means if they won't deliver it before certain time, they will have to give the money back, so they really put a lot of effort into it. Standard service is not guarantied, which means they can deliver it anytime they want really. Usually is 3 day at the most, but in the busier periods it takes longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

I think Parcel line use Interlink here. They are all GeoPost.
    You need to use the www.interlinkexpress.com website as the www.interlink.ie site doesnt take the parcel line number.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

had a similar problem sending stuff from ireland to europe few years ago, an post were able to track it all the way to dublin, think they even told me the flight it went on, once it left the irish system, no more word, think it arrived at its destination a month later

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

I have bought all my Christmas shopping via the web and all posted from UK / US and have found the service great.

Stuff has all arrived no problem. Only item I am still waiting for I checked USPS tracking number on An Post found out its in Ireland.

Rang the number on the site and he explained its with customs and they hope to be able to deliver by Christmas.

Have not found any problems.

That being said DHL have caused me some problems this year i.e. not leaving calling card, not being able to track without calling card and sending the package back to sender AAAHHHHH

Advertisement