Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another electrical shower query

Options
  • 21-12-2007 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Hey

just need some help pleasssseeee !!!!!

just moved into my new house (second hand) and they're is a mira elite 2 electric shower installed.

when it is on it is only either very hot or very cold there is no in between when the dials are turned, also there is no pressure:mad::mad:.

just need to find out is there anything i can do to fix it

i have been giving a new mira event x that i was considering getting fitted instead but need some advice

Thanks very much in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Hi. Based on your pressure comment, I think that you should first clarify if it has been plumbed correctly, ie. that is a direct run (no tees or branches) pipe to the near bottom of the water tank.
    After that you could isolate both electrical and water and open and screw off the filter where the water comes in. Careful on setting back up and priming procedure, you will find it within your new Mira instructions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭shopaholic

Just on the it being either scorching hot or freezing...is it possible that you're in a hard water area and your shower head is clogged with lime? Mine does that every few months and you've to stick a pin in each hole to clear it...time consuming and a very annoying job!!!
    Can't help on the water pressure issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭youtheman

The Mira 2 Elite is a PUMPED shower (according to the web site I looked up). It is gravity fed from a header tank, so is designed to be opereted at very low suction pressure to the pump.

To help with fault finding I suggest you do the following:

1. Select Lowest Power (or Cold) and turn the temp select know fully anti clockwise. This should give max low and confirm if the pump is working.

2. Unscrew the shower head from the end of the flexi hose. Now operate normally and see if you can regulate the temperatre as desired. If it operates in this mode then it will confirm that the shower head is blocked, thus restricting the flow (as shopaholic suggested). A restriction in flow will directly affect the water temperature. These showers are 'constant power input', you adjust the water temperature by varying the flow.

The shower is fed from the header tank in the attic. I assume there is a risk of some crud getting in the system.

Advertisement