Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zero Punctuation "mass effect"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Not his best review tbh. Though maybe thats just because its the first time I've disagreed with one of his reviews.

I agreed with all his complaints about the rubbish combat and exploration, but completely dismissing the dialogue, which pretty much makes up for everything else, is crazy.

Still a funny review in places though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Same here, usually love his reviews, but since i absolutly loved Mass Effect, i found it hard to agree with him. And i actually really enjoyed the combat in the game.

His Orange Box review is one of the funniest things i've seen on the net in a long.
    Yahtzee! wrote:
    "If i ever say something like this again, i'll jam forks in my eyes! Ya, i know its not funny to like a game, but **** you. Portal is brilliant, and if you dont like it your Stupid!"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

As someone who has disliked every RPG I've ever played, I found this rather amusing :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

he is hysterically funny.

some stuff may not be too accurate or fair but his audience already know about games anyway so they know wat blanks to fill

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I never played the game, downloaded the gameplay video and didn't like the look of it.. but I found it funny.. He has a new one every Wednesday. There great.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

This was one of his best. Just because you like a game dosn't mean you can't laugh at its flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Why Bruce Campbell, WHY?

Also, Mass erect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

:eek: did you hear what he said about CAD!!!

found this funny as I also hate RPG's. Had considered getting mass effect as I wanted to give the genre another chance (also *cough* hot coffee ;)) but thanks Yahtzee for saving me the time.

I'm also one of the few who hated KotOR with a passion.

EDIT: Damn your sig dazftw :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

I thought it was a useful humourous review. Not gonna bother buying the game because if I had to read to read all the crap in it I'd rather read a book instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I was completely underwhelmed by Mass Effect, for pretty much the reasons he gave in his review. And when "A little less conversation" started playing, I laughed my hole off... I knew exactly where the review was heading and I agreed completely with what I assumed it would say :)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

how come there is no animation with this one, are the animators on Xmas hols ?,

oh it's just my browser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Seeker

Does that guy actually like any videogames? I've never heard a good review from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

He gushed over the orange box.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Seeker wrote: »
    Does that guy actually like any videogames? I've never heard a good review from him.

he loved psychonauts... he clearly has taste ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

thought it was funny not one of his best but he sets a hign standard he basically says that he hates rpgs and if you like rpgs ya will like probly like mass effect defo one of the best reviewers out their and to all those who wont try it cause of the review i recomend ya rent it cause its fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Have to say I love yahtzee, seems to be a reviewer who has very similar taste to me. My favourite review was the phantom hourglass one, that game just irritated the **** out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

L31mr0d wrote: »
    :eek: did you hear what he said about CAD!!!

The most spot on part of the entire review. CAD is rubbish.

I'll still probably play mass effect at some point, hopefully when bioware capitulate and port it to the PC. The Wall of text problem is something i can probably live with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Seeker wrote: »

He said Bioshock is still one of the games of the year. Because he rips every game (except Portal) to shreds, you know it's true, mostly. Rather than saying this game is perfect, when is oh so obviously isn't, which would indicate greased palms, he says what he thinks as fast as he can.

Good review, BTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

I thought the quake revenge of the bland castle stirkes agains was one of the funneiest things I have ever heard on the internet

anyone remeber which interview that was in

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

jericho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Damn your sig dazftw :mad:

;)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

The most spot on part of the entire review. CAD is rubbish.

I'll still probably play mass effect at some point, hopefully when bioware capitulate and port it to the PC. The Wall of text problem is something i can probably live with.
    jesus yes CAD is almost back and white it has so many words.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

As usual, another good review from him. Though, like alot of people i didnt agree with some of his points. Probably because ive been playing mass effect over christmas and loved the pants off it.

Too short though, I was just getting into it when the main game just....stopped. I did alot of side missions but i still blasted through it in about 11 hours which is a shame. When it boils down to it the main game only really has 5 missions. Im hoping Mass Effect 2 is longer.

On a side note, Leimrod ive noticed that you have a EVGA 680i board. Have you signed up for the 780i replacement program thingy? triple SLI looks funky tbh....even if not alot supports it fully atm.

Advertisement