Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dreaming about paint

Options
  • 21-12-2007 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi

I have had a dream about paint for a few nights. I wouldn't call it enough times to be re-occuring, but it's getting there.

I am sitting down eating food, museli, I think and I pour on about three pints of white gloss paint and proceed to eat it. This seems normal until I have finished then I feel really sick. The feeling stays with with me after I have got up for an hour as well.

Any ideas, I am not pregnant because I am a bloke!

Cheers

Ian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Ok, I'll have a go at this on but be kind when commenting on my interpitation. :)

Ok, so paint, - whitewashing, glossing over, possibly ignoring something prefering to pretend it's not there/happening etc.

Eating - something we all must do, as natural a thing as we can do, we do it and every one of our ancestors did it, all animals do it. It's a primal, natural instinct to eat. It's also something we "take in" it's nourishment, but in dreams not always in a physical way, it could also be in an emotional way.

So if I was to put it all togther I'd ask if maybe something happened lately which has to do with you learning something or recieving something, maybe something which you feel should be a natural progression, that you have "glossed over", maybe some situation has been forced on you which you are trying to convince yourself you wanted and this dream is telling you it's not what you really want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭inishindie

Hi Helena.ryan

Thanks for your interpratation of my strange dream. I did put it down to what I had eated the day before. What you said did make some sense to me though.

I lost my job a couple of days before the dream. I was freelance for a local paper and because I felt it coming it wasn't a shock. I resided myself to the fact that I was leaving after 7 years and told myself it was just the way that large companies go. Their timing could have been better though just befroe Christmas, and although I don't feel angry, maybe I should do to motivate me into getting out and finding some more work!! After the holidays though!!

Thanks again

Advertisement