Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So how does the guitar work?

Options
  • 21-12-2007 10:35am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi people,just got a 360 and downloaded GH3 demo having never tried any games like this before.
    Cant believe how fun it is,im using the bog standard 360 controller but wonder how it all works with the guitar?

Do you just use your four fingers on the coloured bits or do you actually strum anything?
    Im considering getting the full game and maybe the guitar pack if its any good or better than the 360 pad?

Sorry for noob questions :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

its a combination of using your fingers on the buttons and strumming the strumbar. plus there is a whammy bar too. and if you tilt the guitar you release your star power.

I've never played it on a controller! would never dream of it!! its so much fun with that little plastic guitar in your arms :) as soon as you play you cant stop shaping all over the gaff

get down to your local shop and get it!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just checked out some youtube vids lol it looks like fun.
    It looks insanely hard too tbh,i really think id struggle to get anyway near compitent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

they have done the difficulty levels really well so you will be able to climb up through them pretty handy. once you get to grips with one level you should try push yourself to get to the next.

easy
    the 1st three buttons

medium
    the 1st 4 buttons

hard
    all 5 buttons but not all notes are played

expert
    all 5 buttons and pretty much every guitar note you have to play. more chords etc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks guys,one final question if i may, is the guitar a well build affair or flimsy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I can't speak for the Les Paul, not having played one, but the explorer from GH2 is nice and solid. It's lightweight and small enough but you can strumming away or mash the buttons and it'll hold up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

well the les paul is fantastic. i think its much better than the x-plorer, which was too small or something for me, im not sure it just didnt feel right

Advertisement