Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fees for restarting an arts degree

Options
  • 21-12-2007 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I recently dropped out of my first year arts omnibus degree,with the view to starting again next September, this time doing the subjects I want to do and not settling for second best.

Does anyone have any idea of the fees that this would entail? There is a figure on the fees website of 4950, or something like that, for the Arts omnibus. Is that applicable for each year? (I was eligable under the "free fees" stipulations before I started.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

If you drop out before Christmas in 1st year I think you can still get free fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

if you drop out before xmas you get half free fees for 1st year when you go back and 'free fees' (just pay admin and registration fees) for the remaining years of the course as far as i know. Thats what is was for me anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Out of interest what subjects did you do this year and what ones do you want to do next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

The subjects I did this year were History, Archaeology and Philosophy. Whilst I really enjoyed History, and intend to do it again in September, Archaeology and Philosophy were second choice subjects, as English and Geography were over subscribed. I intend then to do Hist, Geog and Eng next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

That sucks quite a bit... dunno about geography, but within about 2 weeks of the start there'd have been space in English, so you could have just sat in 'til you could switch properly... BS system...

• Advertisement
Advertisement