Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!!! i need help!!

Options
  • 21-12-2007 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

I just built my new computer yesterday and went out and bought a geforce 8600 there a few minutes ago. i put it in and turn it on for the first time and there is no signal goin to the monitor!!

does anyone know what the problem is?!?!?!

add me on msn if u have a solution!! allen19881@hotmail.com

EDIT: it turns on fine all fans firing goin but no signal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

disconnect all power leads, sata cables etc etc. Reset the cmos ( small round battery looking thing, which is the size of a 1€ coin ) make sure you have power going into the card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

ok, i will try that now. the card doesn't need external power.

ok resteting the cmos didn't work!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

unplug all cables. And plug them back in again. Have you a spare card to try to get the pc to boot with ?

no i don't have a spare card.

• Advertisement

ok, i got the screen to work. i just needed to plug in a 4 pin power into the mobo.

but still more problems to come. trust me. ;)

ok, took a while and alot of troubleshooting and i got it to work!!!

the first problem was because i didn't have the molex power connected to the mobo.

then it kept turning off before i could do anything, and that was resolved by fitting the h/s propperly!! took alot of talking!!

Advertisement