Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

colour correcting primer

• 21-12-2007 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

I suffer from red cheeks and I hate it. At the moment im using MAC studiio tech which covers some of it up but not all of it.
    In the past I have tried some green colour correctors but I really dont like having to try to cover up the green. Is there any primers that cover up redness without being green. I remember reading about one here but I cant remember the brand.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭me87_ie

uniquechic wrote: »
    I suffer from red cheeks and I hate it. At the moment im using MAC studiio tech which covers some of it up but not all of it.
    In the past I have tried some green colour correctors but I really dont like having to try to cover up the green. Is there any primers that cover up redness without being green. I remember reading about one here but I cant remember the brand.
    Thanks!

I think the best thing would to be use a green concealer, which may be lighter than the colour corrector and easier to blend the foundation over, other wise you'd just have to use a really heavy foundation like camoflauge (for covering tatoos, etc.).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

i have red cheeks too,,it could be rosacea so look up this site http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/ loads of help in treating it etc

as for cover up,i find those green cover ups useless. The best thing to do is use a yellow based foundation and concealer. You're already on the right track as MAC stuff is often yellow toned (as is the Bobbi Brown cosmetics) . I used to use MAC select SPF in NC15. I have now changed to using Everyday Minerals Mineral Foundation and it is amazing (www.everydayminerals.com). I use foundation in FAWN (its very yellow toned so covers red brilliantly ) and also Fair Neutral (another foundation in a not so yellow coolour, so that I dont look ill...it neutralises the yellow..foundations are only $12 so ya can afford to have 2)

If ya dont want to change your foundation, another product i used to use was Benefits Get Even in #1 Light. Its a powder that you use over your foundation. Its brilliant at evening out skintone.

I really recommend the everyday minerals. Ive posted in another thread about it too if ya find the thread(on foundations). If it is rosacea that you have( flushing,burning face when there are certain triggers eg booze, some foods, hot temps), then the less you use on your face the better. So using mineral foundation is better as it is natural. You should also take a look at the other products you use, cleaners and moisturisers etc as maybe they are irratating your skin and causing the redness...

Ive had red cheeks for as long as i can remember and am pretty certain from self diagnosis that I have rosacea, and have made a few changes to my diet and skincare, and although its not gone, its defo not as bad and hopefully Ive slowed down any progression. hope this helps and PM if you have any more questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 bubblebutt

bluff dust and the bluff concealer stick by benefit are brilliant

plus lemon aid from benefit is great if you have tired red eyes, great for work if you have a hangover :)

also if you are fair haired like me having redness is something to do with your skin make up (i read it somewhere) and taking an antihistamine like claradin (mis-spelt) cleared mine right up

xx

Advertisement