Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving Presets not working - LIDL SatNav

Options
  • 21-12-2007 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭

Bought one of the Lidl satnavs yesterday. It's a SilverCrest-branded Targa(MyGuide) PNA-M4310. Navigation is fine, Navteq map seems up to date for Ireland and includes all of Europe. Bluetooth works ok with wife's Nokia phone but not with my old 6310i.

However, my unit refuses to retain stored presets :( - recent trips, favourite locations, home/work address (just experimenting!), even the specific English language voice (there are three). The Text to Speech option where the English lady voice reads out road names is hilarious for some of our localities.

I've emailed SIlvercrest/Targa support and spoke to them this morning. They suggested reloading the software from the DVD but this just contains the maps and voices - not firmware. They are checking with the technicians ....

Anyone else with the same or similar problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

BUMP!

I've sorted this eventually. Solution is - don't tap the "exit" button on the main navigation menu. Briefly press the on/off button and it brings you back to the front screen without losing the presets.

This is a design bug which I've reported back to Targa. Let's see how responsive they are:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Mickser_52

I've just bought the latest targa satnav [PNA-M4320] (11/3/08) the problem you found seems to have been corrected. Could you tell me if you have ever tried updating maps, mine is already out of date and there are new roads opening every month around the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DeclanMcCann

Hi is any one having trouble downloading their phone book to the Targa PNA-4320 SatNav from Lidl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 downeym

What is their e-mail address please as I have similar problems

Advertisement