Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE has all ROI qualifiers and expand EL coverrage.

• 21-12-2007 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Just mentioned on RTE. (home matches that is)

33 live league matches by 2013 and a highlights show for 1 hour a week. Bill, Johnny, Eamo!

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

mike65 wrote: »
    Just mentioned on RTE. (home matches that is)

33 live league matches by 2013 and a highlights show for 1 hour a week. Bill, Johnny, Eamo!

You won't find Giles talking about the eL, he absolutely hates it.

Apart from that, if they can up their production to more than a five minute preamble and no post match stuff, a proper studio and better cameras, then it'll be great.

Hopefully this can provide a boost to audience figures, and in turn an increase in attendance.

I wonder how much of the money paid for this will find it's way to the eL.

It also might attract better sponsorship to the clubs, with this kind of exposure, it could be worth it.

Hmm, good news.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

They don't have the away qualifiers though, right? That's a pity. The other stuff is welcome news however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

im sure it will be Con Murphy doing the highlights rather than the supreme Bill O'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I'll be tuning into the EL more often anyway.

Aren't the away fixtures usually negotiated with the country being played?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Hopefully the highlight show decent. TV3's show is dreadful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

great news all round, fair play to the FAI one this one :) hopefully a nice 8pm slot on Sunday or Monday evenings for the highlights show will be in store minus Trevooor and Paul Osam..zzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I can't see it being Monday. Father Ted, I dare ya, The Panel, Podge and Rodge. It wouldn't quite fit in. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

DesF wrote: »
    You won't find Giles talking about the eL, he absolutely hates it.

Apart from that, if they can up their production to more than a five minute preamble and no post match stuff, a proper studio and better cameras, then it'll be great.

Hopefully this can provide a boost to audience figures, and in turn an increase in attendance.

I wonder how much of the money paid for this will find it's way to the eL.

It also might attract better sponsorship to the clubs, with this kind of exposure, it could be worth it.

Hmm, good news.:)

Surely more tv coverage will just create more evil armchair fans? Maybe even turn a few "real" fans into stay at home ones. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

eirebhoy wrote: »
    I can't see it being Monday. Father Ted, I dare ya, The Panel, Podge and Rodge. It wouldn't quite fit in. ;)

Ted, the gruesome twosome, Colm Murphy and then some EL.

RTE can be sh1te but theyre on the ball on the comedy side :p

Sorry. I have tried my best, I really have, but you do be watchin half arsed games with the thought "if any were even half good they would be in Englands League 2 minimum"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

haha, comedy indeed...ooh we're a cynical unpatriotic bunch!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

They don't have the away qualifiers though, right?

RTÉ would have to do a deal with the different countries FA's although I believe Setanta have most of them already anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

shane86 wrote: »
    Ted, the gruesome twosome, Colm Murphy and then some EL.

RTE can be sh1te but theyre on the ball on the comedy side :p

Sorry. I have tried my best, I really have, but you do be watchin half arsed games with the thought "if any were even half good they would be in Englands League 2 minimum"

why would they be in league 2 when the Eircom League is a better standard than league 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Hopefully the highlight show decent. TV3's show is dreadful.

In fairness I don't think it's *that* bad. I just think it's ridiculous to have it on at such a late hour. TV3 would never move it to a reasonable time as ****e like Emmerdale, Corrie and their other ITV rubbish is locked into the schedule.

If RTE2 put it on Mondays at the same time of day they do the prem show 7,8 pm then that could be a big success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

It would if RTÉ get Osam.;)
    Pigman II wrote: »
    If RTE2 put it on Mondays at the same time of day they do the prem show 7,8 pm then that could be a big success.
    According to Daniel McDonnell the plans are to have it between 7pm and 9pm on Monday.

Advertisement