Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Depollution system problem

Options
  • 21-12-2007 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

The above error is appearing on my 407. Has anyone any ideas what the problem is?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Lambda probe or cat? You'll really have to get it hooked up to a fault reader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭hawker

Anan1 wrote: »
    Lambda probe or cat? You'll really have to get it hooked up to a fault reader.

Thanks Anan.

I thought I might have to do that ok. Awkward time of the year. Do you reckon I could drive away till I get someone to look at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Is it a diesel? If so, it could be the particulate filter in the exhaust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭hawker

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Is it a diesel? If so, it could be the particulate filter in the exhaust.

Yes it's the 1.6 diesel. Is that a big job?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It's most likely the particale filter - it may need to be put through a regeneration cycle. Not sure about a Pug, but on a VW it involves driving for a few kms at 3,000 - 4,000 RPM (usually done in thir gear). If you're in Dublin you can forget about it today - the traffic is nuts!

• Advertisement
Advertisement