Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Look what I got for xmas today from the scumbags

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Never seen anything like that in me life, absolutely bizarre.:eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I parked it but then handed the keys in for safety and in case they needed to move it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I think it's time to consult one of those pimples on the arse of society aka a solicitor

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I think it's time to consult one of those pimples on the arse of society aka a solicitor

Now now... none of that. Seven years and 12 hour days to qualify as a pimple?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

out of interest all car park disclaimer signs are on dodgy ground and most contravene the laws of tort in this country.

Of course the hotel is responsible they provided the car parking facility, they have a duty of care towards you and your property.

If you get hurt walking in a farmers field they are liable, a hotel car park is even more liable.

I have tested this before hit them with a solictors letter and a court date and they will crumble. believe me almost all car park disclaimer signs in Ireland are illegal and infringe on your consumer rights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

TCP, carpark operators are most probably liable, disclaimers etc don't count, the duty of care stands.

I remember a similar situation a Solicitor mate went through, got the usual "its your responsibility" etc. when he laid it out for them they coughed up.

Go see a decent legal advisor.

On an aside, at least Frank Keane were honest enough to put their hands up, others would have taken it in and subbed it out to the back street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Sorry to see this, OP, a sh*tty thing indeed in the mouth of Christmas particularly. I think I still have enough faith left in human nature to find it hard to believe there are people like that out there, but it's it's waning fast, I can tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

*OUCH*

fu<king w4nkers
    Fey! wrote: »
    RE: responsibility, IIRC if you pay for the priviledge of parking, you should have some cover. Talk to a solicitor.
    +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

Was staying over night in the <snip> and was parked in there underground car park. Went to check out this morning and got this little surprise. I really think the box of choccies was a nice touch though, sort of makes up for the 3 grand repair bill.

Happy xmas
    TCP/IP
    dont mean to be smart saying this but have you broke any hearts lately the box of Chocolates left like that dosent seem to be the work of a theif more of a woman or "man "scorned just a wild guess;)

dont mean to be smart saying this but have you broke any hearts lately the box of Chocolates left like that dosent seem to be the work of a theif more of a woman or "man "scorned just a wild guess;)

eh no

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Oilrig wrote: »
    TCP, carpark operators are most probably liable, disclaimers etc don't count, the duty of care stands.

I remember a similar situation a Solicitor mate went through, got the usual "its your responsibility" etc. when he laid it out for them they coughed up.

Go see a decent legal advisor.

On an aside, at least Frank Keane were honest enough to put their hands up, others would have taken it in and subbed it out to the back street.
    +1 Disclaimers are totally useless. They have a duty of care towards you. Talk to a good lawyer asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Scumbag finds chocolates in car 1, takes the. Scumbag finds digital camera and shopping bag of goodies in car 2. Scumbag forgets box of chocolates.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The hotel was in charge of the car. They had the keys whilst it was parked in their car park! Any decent solicitor will be able to get the cost of the damage from them!
    What had their CCTV got to show?
    Still its a crap way to start CHristmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

i was staying in a hotel last year and had my jeep parked in the underground carpark when some resin or liquid of some sort leaked out of the concrete from above it left a stain on the bonnet and the back door ,i didnt notice it until i got home but i rang the hotel straight away and the manager rang me back later on, accepted responsibility it had happened to a car there before he told me, i got it sorted at my local garage and he sent the invoice to the hotel for 200 euro and they paid it,i know its not as big a bill as the op's but im just showing that the hotel were taking resonsibility for their car park.

thats a terrible thing to happen to your car by the way op no excuse for that whatsoever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭smooth operater

This isnt legal advice.....But the hotel are responsible.....Specially if its paid parking
    Sorry for you though....Scumbags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

TCP/IP wrote: »
    eh no

then where the jesus did the Chocolates come from were they yours:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

then where the jesus did the Chocolates come from were they yours:confused:

RTFT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

Why not fix it yourself as your not claiming the insurance - Why not buy one of these and get it sprayed to match -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Arctic-Silver-Boxster-Hardtop_W0QQitemZ120202013613QQihZ002QQcategoryZ10408QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Arctic-Silver-Boxster-Hardtop_W0QQitemZ120202013613QQihZ002QQcategoryZ10408QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You could have it repaired for less than a grand - and with the hard top you won't have to worry about it getting slashed??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Would the OP not be better off getting the insurance to do it and then get the insurance to sue the hotel for the costs?

Why not fix it yourself as your not claiming the insurance - Why not buy one of these and get it sprayed to match -

You could have it repaired for less than a grand - and with the hard top you won't have to worry about it getting slashed??

Umm two problems I dont drive a boxter and even if i did i still need a soft top for putting the roof down

• Advertisement
Advertisement