Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello everyone, I'm a spanner who is new to intarwebz

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Gordon wrote: »
    Correct, case closed, glad we could help you.

Anything else you need help with?
    no thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Wow... This is... Horrible...

Blowfish wrote: »
    Well actually he was right at the time.

You started this thread in the adverts.ie support forum (note: that's not actually on adverts.ie, it's the forum for adverts.ie located here on boards.ie). Since the thread was about boards.ie, putting it in the adverts.ie support forum was incorrect, so the moderator of the adverts.ie support forum here on boards.ie moved it (after smashey had posted that bit) to the feedback forum here on boards.ie. smashey posted saying that you had posted on the adverts.ie support forum here on boards.ie before the moderator had moved it from the adverts.ie support forum here on boards.ie to the feedback forum here on boards.ie (which incidentally is basically the boards.ie support forum on boards.ie).

I hope this helps alleviate the confusion somewhat :)
    no i started on feedback forum it was about bans that i enquired

Wow... This is... Horrible...
    whats horrible. news flash is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

davey180 wrote: »
    no thanks
    Great, glad you are happy and the problem is solved.

Happy boarding, on boards.ie and affiliate boards sites.

• Advertisement

Great, glad you are happy and the problem is solved.

Happy boarding, on boards.ie and affiliate boards sites.
    but my problem is with smashey for getting an infraction which is not cleared up

who put up on top of the page HELLO EVERYONE,IM A SPANNER WHO IS NEW TO INTARWEBZ.Whats going on now?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

but my problem is with smashey for getting an infraction which is not cleared up
    OK, what exactly is the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

who put up on top of the page HELLO EVERYONE,IM A SPANNER WHO IS NEW TO INTARWEBZ.Whats going on now?

That was me. Sorry man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

no i started on feedback forum it was about bans that i enquired
    Ok, have a look at the adverts.ie support forum here.

Now have a look down through the titles of those threads. One thing that you might notice is that one of them has the same title as this thread. It also has the word 'Moved' written beside it. What that means is that that particular thread was started on that forum (remember it's the adverts.ie support one), and then moved to a different forum. If you click on that thread, I think you will find something astounding. It is in fact this thread. It was started on that forum, and then moved to a different forum (i.e. here, the feedback forum).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

The infraction stands.

It will expire within a week.

Goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

smashey wrote: »
    The infraction stands.

It will expire within a week.

Goodbye.
    But sure the week must be up now (nearly) and is this not the feedback forum so you cant ban him from here as you are not a mod in this forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I think this little joke has run its course now.

Davey, I mean this in the nicest possible way. You are absolutely clueless as to how this site and its affiliates operate. You also have failed to grasp some obvious facts as laid before you, as well as some not so subtle leg-pulling. In short, you're not "getting" it.

I suggest you withdraw. Your communications skills here are very poor, to say the least. You may be fine in a face to face situation, but textual communication simply isn't your thing.

Blowfish wrote: »
    Ok, have a look at the adverts.ie support forum here.

Now have a look down through the titles of those threads. One thing that you might notice is that one of them has the same title as this thread. It also has the word 'Moved' written beside it. What that means is that that particular thread was started on that forum (remember it's the adverts.ie support one), and then moved to a different forum. If you click on that thread, I think you will find something astounding. It is in fact this thread. It was started on that forum, and then moved to a different forum (i.e. here, the feedback forum).
    it was moved so?and why?

Wertz wrote: »
    That was me. Sorry man.
    why did you do that ?remove it, im not a spanner!!!!!!!!

OK, what exactly is the problem?
    you know whats the the problem is, smashy infracted me for no reason whats so ever hes saying that i called him a smartar// which is compeltly untrue.

I think this little joke has run its course now.

Davey, I mean this in the nicest possible way. You are absolutely clueless as to how this site and its affiliates operate. You also have failed to grasp some obvious facts as laid before you, as well as some not so subtle leg-pulling. In short, you're not "getting" it.

I suggest you withdraw. Your communications skills here are very poor, to say the least. You may be fine in a face to face situation, but textual communication simply isn't your thing.
    why is most the people who posted me to say im right and smashey is lying??????

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Because they're taking the piss out of you. Sorry.

Like I say, you don't get it. Almost everybody here has been pulling the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

you know whats the the problem is, smashy infracted me for no reason whats so ever hes saying that i called him a smartar// which is compeltly untrue.
    I never said you called me a smart arse. The message in your infraction said you continued to be a smart arse after being told adverts support wasn't the place to post.

• Advertisement

One burning question remains. At what point was anyone called a smartar//?

And wtf is a smartar//?

Reminds me of that PI thread a while back where a user had a major problem with her "boyfy". Her boyfy always forgot her birthday, never told her he loved her etc etc ad nauseum ad infinitum...

Davey, I can sum up this situation in one brief statement. You are wrong, and you have been wrong since you got here. Here being boards.ie and its associated domains, in case you are confused.

Sorry, but that's the way it is.

muffler wrote: »
    But sure the week must be up now (nearly) and is this not the feedback forum so you cant ban him from here as you are not a mod in this forum
    thankyou so ye belive me?

Faith wrote: »
    Because they're taking the piss out of you. Sorry.
    oh so its another gang up of moderaters now is it?Thats not nice why dont they try it on somebody else but cause im a banned op

smashey wrote: »
    I never said you called me a smart arse. The message in your infraction said you continued to be a smart arse after being told adverts support wasn't the place to post.
    you pmd me that so noone will know what ye said to me am i right!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Oh ffs, he's back.

One burning question remains. At what point was anyone called a smartar//?

And wtf is a smartar//?

Reminds me of that PI thread a while back where a user had a major problem with her "boyfy". Her boyfy always forgot her birthday, never told her he loved her etc etc ad nauseum ad infinitum...

Davey, I can sum up this situation in one brief statement. You are wrong, and you have been wrong since you got here. Here being boards.ie and its associated domains, in case you are confused.

Sorry, but that's the way it is.
    you are sooooooooooooooo wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Holy God this thread is hilarious! :D

Like I say, you don't get it. Almost everybody here has been pulling the piss.
    can you say pi// on the forum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

No you can't say pi// but you can say piss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Nope. 2 century ban for it.

Advertisement