Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dusty Sports Cars

Options
  • 21-12-2007 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

I was in a car park last night in Dublin and beside my old toyota low and behold a dusty, bird sh!t covered Porshe 911 that looked like it had'nt been driven since roy keane walked away from the Irish camp in Saipan in 2002. It really gets to me why such an expensive beauty of a car can just be let idle in a public car park for that length of time. I can only assume that the owner has a brand new DB9 to be driving around instead. Anyone else had similar experiences of great cars covered in dust?..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Its a shame,

There was a Beautiful Jaguar E Type parked up in our carpark for a few years .. still there now :(

Think they can't afford to restore them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Sometimes there's better/more important things to do than wash your car. I like to keep mine clean but I just went six weeks without cleaning it due to one thing or another - it was a disgrace. At least it draws less attention when it's filthy....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

There's a filthy Porsche 356 around the corner from me. To be honest, washing my own car isn't massively high on my list of priorities at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

since roy keane walked away from the Irish camp in Saipan in 2002.

roy didn't walk away, he was sent home by mc carthy ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i was in a 1970's porshe that was left idle for 10 years... it would be better idea to p*** into the wind then to spend money restoring it.... though banger racing in a 911 would be fun none the less.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

You should see the exotica that gets stored in the customs warehouse... dusty is an understatement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

It's impossible to keep cars clean this time of year.

Advertisement