Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1 red ring

• 21-12-2007 4:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭

Just got 1 red ring on the console its the third contoller light on the console .Did a search seems might not have to send it off any 1 have this problem before ?
    The error is E74, got it working again last night but its back again ideas boys?

james

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Heh.. how hard did you search? :)
    I googled "Xbox Error E74", clicked on the first link, and got this:

E74: There is a 90% chance it's a scaler chip problem (the "ANA" or "HANA" chip near the AV cable connection) it can also be caused by a faulty AV cable so check that first. In rare cases it is a problem with the GPU.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=484726

Check the AV Cable at the back - it might be loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Diggidy

Hey I have the same problem with my xbox 360. everytime I turn it I get the E74 error. After removing the hard drive and reconnecting it I usually get the console to boot. But I called Microsoft about the issue and they had me check to see if I get the problem without the hard disk connected which I did. They told me I needed to send it back to them to get repaired. This means I could be without my console for up to 28 days!

They email you the UPS form and you call UPS to pick up the console....they deliver it back repaired within 28 days. This doesn't affect your Xbok Live subscription and while the console is away being repaired you will be refunded the time on your subscription.

pain in the ass! I'm going to try get a replacement console from the shop it was bought in before sending it away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Well i tried all that disconneted everything, then I said feck it Ill try the towel trick and I was surprised it worked.After about a week of playing it failed again did the trick again and its working again but alas last night I got the error again so I will be doing the towel trick again.I was going to send it off to get repaired but it was near christmas and did not want to send it then.Might just upgrade to the elite might be sneaky and trade it into gamestop even tho is scummy thing to do :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Well i tried all that disconneted everything, then I said feck it Ill try the towel trick and I was surprised it worked.After about a week of playing it failed again did the trick again and its working again but alas last night I got the error again so I will be doing the towel trick again.I was going to send it off to get repaired but it was near christmas and did not want to send it then.Might just upgrade to the elite might be sneaky and trade it into gamestop even tho is scummy thing to do :(

They usually check them well ur there by the way, that would be a shamer, ud look a right tool. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

yes it is scummy :mad: and would leave some poor unfortunate with a wonky console in the future. strap on a pair, send it back to microsoft and dont offload your problems to someone else.

• Advertisement

relax

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

ZygOte wrote: »
    yes it is scummy :mad: and would leave some poor unfortunate with a wonky console in the future. strap on a pair, send it back to microsoft and dont offload your problems to someone else.

+1

I was going to buy a second hand machine before christmas from Gamestop til I heard of the amount of people who were doing this. It's very bad form. Got scared off and bought a new machine instead.

well good idea ,why wonld any one buy a second hand xbox with all the problems they have?I can understand a PS3 or a Wii but a console thats so fault tollerant what else would you expect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I doubt your average joe bloggs knows about the amount of trouble xbox's are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Gamestop deserve to get broken Xboxs, the prices they offer for trade ins!

• Advertisement
Advertisement