Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to eat in sligo

• 21-12-2007 5:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

hey guys, not big to eating out, but have some family and their 18month old child stopping in sligo sunday afternoon, looking for somewhere to bring them for lunch, propbably family friendly, and they only have about 2 hours to spare

if i'm ever eating lunch/dinner my self usally go to the belfry, although may be bit much of a pub atmosphere, what do people think of the restrarant in the embasy rooms or the clarance, or any other sugestions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

The embassy would be spot on.
    You could also try the Yeats Tavern in Drumcliffe.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There is a thread about the restaurant in the Clarence around here somewhere. Everyone seems to like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Lemongrass I think its called

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Mardees in Castle St is good but I was never there for Sunday lunch, also I was in a place in Grange last week, beside the church. Very good also.

Depending on what they like, there is another restrurant where in rockwood parade, a coverted restrurant, and any of the hotels, radisson or clarion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

I was well impressed with Lemongrass in Clarence Hotel in regards with attitude to children. They were very friendly with our 2 year old, they didn't mind him walking about causing "mayhem" like two year olds do. They also gave us an activity pack and they even let him "help" them get the bill too.

Have a nice lunch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Agree with Gillie, Yeats tavern is probably the best spot for a family lunch like that. 5 miles outside Sligo on the bundoran road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

i heard yeats tavern is good alright!how about jade gardens chinese in strandhill,really really nice.there is anotehr place dwon rockwood down from java it looks kind of italian type restaurant i think,looks really classy anyway without being posh

Advertisement