Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gonna buy my second Xbox 360 game this evening....

Options
  • 21-12-2007 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭

The 360 is an early xmas gift from my girlfriend. I have Halo 3.

What to buy?
    The thing is, my GF and I played through Halo3 co-op and, my god, she actually enjoyed it! We had a great laugh. It was her who actually suggested we get another one this evening. Normally I wouldn't have a problem picking out games, but I guess I'm talking about GF-friendly games here...

An FPS would be fine I guess, but can anyone see where I'm coming from? Something co-op, not too violent and/or bloody, bit of a story you can follow, etc etc...

Any ideas? I know it's a longshot but there you go.

Tried playing Halo2 on 360 but I have to say it was very choppy. Thought the emulation would be better tbh...

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Guitar Hero with an extra guitar!

Don't know if it's co-op though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Not bad, not bad.

Keep 'em coming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Anyone would love guitar heroes. I used to have an xbox 360 with about 20 games and the game I miss most is guitar heroes.

Bioshock and Mass effect are great but they arent co-op and not sure if they are ladyfriendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Gears of War is a pretty decent co-op game... along similar lines to Halo.

Otherwise... Madden 08!

I finished Bioshock on PC. I will prob get Mass Effect at some stage.

What about Sonic games on 360? Cute and cuddly co-op fun, or absolute cack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

chamlis wrote: »
    I finished Bioshock on PC. I will prob get Mass Effect at some stage.

What about Sonic games on 360? Cute and cuddly co-op fun, or absolute cack?

Cack.

Kameo has co-op and girl friendly, bit old though and maybe not fun for you though I enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Gears of War is good craic on coop, but might be a bit too gory and homoerotic for female tastes...
    R6 Vegas could be good, but is a bit of a dudes game again.

There aren't all that many great coop games tbh, most just seem to have the usual DM options, or need a second xbox for coop... (ala crackdown)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Crackdown is serious er... craic but i think you need two 360s to play two player co op.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yeah Kameo would be good fun, its almost like a platformer, girl friendly and you could pick it up dirt cheap cuz it was a launch title.

Other than that, dont go for Gears of War as chainsaw killing doenst seem the best option, there is a Sonic game but it is crap, look into the Xbox Live Arcade.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

GOW should do the trick if she enjoyed Halo3..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Sidane

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga

Nuff said imo. Lots of fun, full co-op and very girlfriend friendly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Sidane wrote: »

Yeah, that totally slipped my mind actually. Great fun in coop and most definitely GF friendly

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

senseible soccer,2 player! ye'll have a blast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Try having sex instead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Den_M wrote: »
    Try having sex instead

QFT!

Nerds. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Sidane wrote: »

Bought this myself and killed 2 birds with 1 stone ... my kid watches and the Gf plays :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

YOU COULD go for a racing game like burnout,need for speed ,theres xbox 1 games like fusion frenzy,timesplitters future perfect ,that have 2 player ,or co op modes .MAke sure they are 360 compatible.I think graw 1,2 has co op modes.Theres plenty of good racing games that have 2player modes.I think halo1,2 have co,op modes,and you can get em for 20euro approx,look great on the 360 .I find project gotham,too realistic ,re steering ,handling, nfs or burnout or more gf friendly.Google xbox 1 compatibity list.

I bought her an original xbox and softmodded it for media centre (she has alot of NTSC DVDs), so we already have the original Halos' and Lego Star Wars' but very good suggestions.

The solution of course was to get guitar hero 3 with a second gibson :D

Great crack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

Den_M wrote: »
    Try having sex instead

LEG

Advertisement