Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does Roscommon even exist?

• 21-12-2007 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

I've never met anybody from Roscommon.. I've never been to Roscommon. I've never even see a road sign pointing towards Roscommon. Come to think of it, I've never actually met someone who has met someone from Roscommon. :mad:

Any of you people from Roscommon? I'll need some proof.. ID, drivers license, passport.. Maybe a picture of a road sign. Chop chop.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

dlofnep wrote: »
    I've never met anybody from Roscommon.. I've never been to Roscommon. I've never even see a road sign pointing towards Roscommon. Come to think of it, I've never actually met someone who has met someone from Roscommon. :mad:

Any of you people from Roscommon? I'll need some proof.. ID, drivers license, passport.. Maybe a picture of a road sign. Chop chop.

Ever been to Athlone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I dont think they have the internet yet:p Come to think of it colour television might be pushing it a bit far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

If I were from Roscommon, I certainly wouldn't be admitting it either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

It's a myth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

DonJose wrote: »
    Ever been to Athlone?

I haven't. I've never met anybody from Athlone either. Coincidence? I think not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

at last a roscommon bashing thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Isn't it best to ask in Roscommon forum? Just asking like... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

i know someone from roscommon, unfortunaly it exists, its a bit like leitrim, aint it, and they do have internet just still on dial up i think.

darkman2 wrote: »
    I dont think they have the internet yet:p Come to think of it colour television might be pushing it a bit far.

whats the internet and colour television :confused:

we all live in caves here still, cozy in the winter :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

emo!! wrote: »
    i know someone from roscommon, unfortunaly it exists, its a bit like leitrim, aint it, and they do have internet just still on dial up i think.

One of the threads is "So Whos got Broadband???"
    To date 4 people seem to have it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

My good friend from college is from Roscommon..we give her a right slagging bless her. When she's drunk her bogger accent is sooooo strong!!:D

biko wrote: »
    Isn't it best to ask in Roscommon forum? Just asking like... ;)

Well - wouldn't they be in on the Conspiracy? I'm not saying it doesn't exist... Well, actually I am. That's exactly what I'm saying. The Roscommon forum is obviously a Government sponsored propaganda-machine.

biko wrote: »
    One of the threads is "So Whos got Broadband???"
    To date 4 people seem to have it :D

i dont, i dont!! but i have vodka !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It always seems a bit dreary anytime I'm there. The cetic Tiger seems to have left it behind.

Even their Forum is quiet.
    (Must be a handy one to moderate! :))

It always seems a bit dreary anytime I'm there. The cetic Tiger seems to have left it behind.

Even their Forum is quiet.
    (Must be a handy one to moderate! :))

It appears dentists and broadband is lacking in Roscommon. But that makes sense, since it doesn't even exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

And where are you cnuts from? Clare? Galway? Dublin? Northside fcuckers thinking you're all that with your heroin and your smelly arses.

I'm on broadband in Roscommon right now you ass-smelling muthas

(note I am in no way angry at all - I just thought it would be hilarious to get self-righteous about being from Roscommon!)

But seriously....if you've ever driven from Dublin to Galway, you pass through Roscommon.

TheVan wrote: »
    And where are you cnuts from? Clare? Galway? Dublin? Northside fcuckers thinking you're all that with your heroin and your smelly arses.

(note I am in no way angry at all - I just thought it would be hilarious to get self-righteous about being from Roscommon!)

But seriously....if you've ever driven from Dublin to Galway, you pass through Roscommon.
    you sounded angry to me !! nah
    im from waterford/ kilkenny depending on who im talking to, no no i never drove the dublin to galway route would be a bit pointless really unless i was lost... (how am i going to make it to 1 oclock to night )

And are left with a quite sour "wtf was that" feeling upon exit :D

Was it Rosommon or Leitrim that got its first set of traffic lights ever last year and had a full spread in the local bog roll to celebrate?

Was it Rosommon or Leitrim that got its first set of traffic lights last year?
    Leitrim afaik.

Careful now, Stepbar will go off on one if you diss Leitrim.

• Advertisement

im from waterford/ kilkenny depending on who im talking to

Ferrybank?

mate they are jealous of our amazing leadership skills, roscommon men are born to lead and rule over the unwashed masses:
    O'Conor Dons - the last high-kings of ireland
    Douglas Hyde - the first president of Ireland
    Albert Reynolds - the man who picked up the pieces are a certain CJH nearly destroyed this country

Ferrybank?

oh god no. worse than that!

rossie1977 wrote: »
    mate they are jealous of our amazing leadership skills, roscommon men are born to lead and rule over the unwashed masses:
    Albert Reynolds - the man who picked up the pieces are a certain CJH nearly destroyed this country

Come on the Rossies!!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Roscommon, yes. It's Leitrim that I've my doubts about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

This should be on the Roscommon board.

oh god no. worse than that!

It gets worse than Ferrybank? Christ. There's a reason I never went beyond there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

i can confirm that roscommon girls exist, and not only that, they have an abundance of pubic hair. its quite mesmorising actually. ya could set up a salon in boyle or somewhere and make a killing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Perhaps, but in the spirit of Christmas I'm going to allow a little Roscommon bashing on AH just this once.

• Advertisement

Says the person from Cork-Limerick, im sure when you are drunk you sound like a pregnant cat being dragged backwards through a mulcher telling everyone about the mighty rebel county.
    A+

nesf wrote: »
    Perhaps, but in the spirit of Christmas I'm going to allow a little Roscommon bashing on AH just this once.

Pay no attention to him nesf.. Karl Hungus is obviously a product of the Roscommon Propaganda Machine. You stand your ground!

It gets worse than Ferrybank? Christ. There's a reason I never went beyond there.

oh god yes, back arse of nowwhere everyone considers themselves kilkenny even tho yano there form waterford... but back to the point gwan the roscommoners whoop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the vodka helpps them forget i guess

Never mind Roscommon - What about Meath? I mean who do they think they are (appart from the exiled Dubs of course) - the cheek to be talking about Roscommon.:rolleyes:

But who would see it then? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mox54

Thurles in Co Tipp has NO traffic lights anywhere and is a nightmare to get through!!.....and it's not in Roscommon either:D

• Advertisement

(appart from the exiled Dubs of course)

Isn't Meath all exiled Dubs now? I've met hundreds of people who live in Meath through work, and every single one of them has been a Dub who moved out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

rossie1977 wrote: »

Dont forget Rathcroghan.

nesf wrote: »

fooking right too, ok here goes:

it smells
    its too cold
    its too boggy
    fu*king farmers everywhere, everyone is a fuc*ing farmer here, the doctor, the shop assistant, the solictor, the teacher, i fu*king hate farmers and their sh*t
    the roads are sh*t
    the county hospital should be renamed the morgue
    the nightlife in my home town sucks donkey balls

but in the end i still like the place AND our gaa fans are the best in the country (that was proved in 2006)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Roscommon is so lovely some of my family left their beloved Cork to settle there! I worked there on an archaeological site last year. It is so rich in heritage like the tain bo cuailinge. the Rossies are lovely people - i even work with one. If my govt Dept. had an office there i'd decentralise tomorrow!
    And yes there are traffic lights even in Castlerea!

Why do Roscommon natives pronounce their county name so oddly?

It has 3 syllables - ROS COMM ON.....

............ but the natives usually say SCOMM ON! :confused:

• Advertisement

There are no traffic lights in Castlerea ;) Well, apart from the level crossing! You worked down in Rathcroghan? Did you know they are planning on bulldozing a lot of it to make for just what Roscommon and Ireland needs , another housing estate! :mad:

Then why do Dubs pronounce Dublin, Duberlin?

Castlerea!
    How do the majority of people in here pronounce this?
    My Rossie friend pronounces it Castle-ree, however myself and the rest of my friends pronounce it Castle-ray.

thats so funny, i had a debate with a friend of mine a few years back, she said i couldn't be from roscommon because i pronounced it with 3 syllables not 2 like everyone else :D i guess its just the farmer family that pronounce it with 2 syllables, approx 99% of the county so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Ì'm not from Rosscommon i'm from Mayo but i gotta say bashing rosscommon is a bit harsh.
    Last month two friends visited Dublin at seperate times and both got threatened with a syringe.
    I'll take rosscommon any day

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    How do the majority of people in here pronounce this?
    My Rossie friend pronounces it Castle-ree, however myself and the rest of my friends pronounce it Castle-ray.

its pronounced Castle-re, silent A; i think the people that named the town should know better, comes from the shortened irish version of Caisleán Rí

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Whats with all these gimps from Dublin calling people outside of the pale boggers?
    The next person man or woman i meet calls me a bogger im gonna give him or her a nice head but in the mouth.
    Im great im from Dublin worlds cultural capital im 33 live at home and still suck off my mothers hind tit.
    The bashing should be the foreigners those horrible hordes from the east
    not our endangered species like the good men from Roscommon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

lol @ roscommon

Mweelrea wrote: »
    Ì'm not from Rosscommon i'm from Mayo but i gotta say bashing rosscommon is a bit harsh.
    Last month two friends visited Dublin at seperate times and both got threatened with a syringe.
    I'll take rosscommon any day

so many scumbags from inner city dublin now living here in roscommon you are likely to get attacked here just as quick

a young dubliner attacked an old woman in her own house just last week near roscommon town, charming fellow i bet

• Advertisement
Advertisement