Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative New Years Celebrations

Options
  • 21-12-2007 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Is anyone doing something different for New Years? By that I mean not going to a pub/club to stand for hours and be crushed or having a house party, things like camping or something, I know it's a bit too chilly for that but you get the idea

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

i'm going to a par-tay, is that different? Way too cold for camping. It's too cold for me to even stay on the boat (I was going to) and there's more insulation in that than a tent

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Going to the Frames in Vicar St.
    Seats on the balcony, table service, no crush, good music. Looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Thinking of the Banquet night at Park House.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

I'll be working nightshift at my job - not exactly celebratory ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Altar_Ego_Boy

galwayrush wrote: »
    Thinking of the Banquet night at Park House.

yeah that'll be fun! :rolleyes: better bring an extra pair of socks with you....it might get out of control

• Advertisement

Oh God.

I would much prefer a few drinks at either my place or somewhere else for the night, but my girlfriend wants to head out to a pub, so that's where I'll be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

The last two new years i was out in Galway were both pretty quite compared with your average Saturday night.People assume its going to be jammed so don't head out meaning most places ain't that busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I've two kids under 36 months so I will be in bed by 11pm:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

house party - only way to go for me these days...I'm put in a chair with the guitar and fed booze all night...happy days!!!

Advertisement