Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

JDM 07 Camry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Get what?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Link was supposed to show;

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

Click on the link, select Toyota, Camry, 2007 and bob's your uncle ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Looks very nice indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

http://www.toyota-media.com/ems_corp_v1_glen/Images/InTheWorld2007_tcm318-571760.pdf

go to page 54 of this pdf and see the huge range Toyota has. Pity we can't get more of it over here. There are some on that list rumoured to be making their way to Europe.

• Advertisement

Looks more an early Corolla Axio sketch?

Dunno, got it off another fourm. Bloody nice if it is the MKIII 'Vensis

-VB-

doesn't look long enough to be an Avensis, I know it's hard to judge the scale, but it loks to be taller and not as long as the current Avensis model.

I'll stick by my theory that it's a rejected Corolla sketch
    corollaaxioad4.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

the first one looks like a new corolla after being fed for a while., its nice though, i like it.,

• Advertisement

It is a new Corolla, just not the one we get!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The Corolla Axio is a posher Corolla IIRC i.e. better quality interior amongst other things, the interior of which should have been put in all Euro Corollas and Aurises.

Volvoboy wrote: »
    http://www.japaneseusedcars.com/auction/auctions3.htm Why the feck didnt we get this!!:mad:

edit; Feck linky aint workin

-VB-

Why didn't we get it? Simple really, how many people bought Camrys in Europe when they did sell them? Even in Toyota obsessed Ireland they didn't sell very well in later years.

Front wheel drive, big body, big 4 cylinder engine and a Toyota badge not a great combination.

Lexus IS250 is the exact opposite of a Camry, and sells quite well.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Lexus IS250.... sells quite well.
    Not for too much longer I would have thought with our new VRT system, since it averages 28.8 mpg and will be in the 36% VRT bracket and will cost €2,000 to tax after July if you get a manual(the Auto does 31 mpg and is in the 32% VRT band and will cost €1,000 to tax)! In comparison to a 325i which averages 39.8 mpg and is @24% VRT and only €600 to tax!

The base IS250 will be going up from €46,650 to €51,025 as a result, but the Auto will cost €50,631, the only car I know of where you have to pay more for a manual gearbox(in comparison a 325i would cost €48,680 after July compared to €52,850 now)!

I think it will be IS220D all the way in 2009. hope they can sort out a good auto box and better power delivery by then!

I think manual gearbox costs more on a lot of American cars?

I think it will be IS220D all the way in 2009.....

Assuming Lexus don't do a Fiat Punto on it, sure they've already put up the price of the car recently:(.

As for American cars, I don't know, but I don't think most cars give you the option over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

No they generally cost less. Manual is usually the base for most vechicles and auto costs anywhere from $800 to $1500 more. It just so happens most people choose auto's.

Those Camry's are available in the states as well, I have seen a few of them around.

Kernel32 wrote: »
    No they generally cost less. Manual is usually the base for most vechicles and auto costs anywhere from $800 to $1500 more. It just so happens most people choose auto's.

Those Camry's are available in the states as well, I have seen a few of them around.

Because they're too lazy to bother changing gear! Yet they managed to get BMW to offer the new M5 with a manual gearbox though! Sure they call manuals "stick shifts" which sounds rather erm interesting.

Isn't the Camry the best selling car in the US of A?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

E92 wrote: »
    Because they're too lazy to bother changing gear! Yet they managed to get BMW to offer the new M5 with a manual gearbox though! Sure they call manuals "stick shifts" which sounds rather erm interesting.

Isn't the Camry the best selling car in the US of A?

Well cars are also cheaper here so the extra for an auto isn't as big a hit. When I was in Ireland earlier this year I saw junky new Dodge's and Chryslers for over E40k. I nearly fell down when I saw those prices.

I'm not sure if the Camry is the best selling but it is damn popular and I believe it has had the honour of being the most stolen car for several years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Kernel32 wrote: »

I drove one last year, lovely spacious car.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

i remember seeing one on pimp my ride once., they sell them in the US alright.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

The sketch looks more like a nissan Tiida and must be an old thread as I have a sketch from a 04 japanese magazine of the Auris which looks exactly as what came off the production.

main.jpg

Also saw this, the new JDM Corolla Spacio or Verso over here, called the Rumion, but no idea if it
    will come here.

Advertisement