Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tips for newbie with pad and fps games on console?

• 21-12-2007 7:21pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi people,as a long time pc gamer playing multiplayer fps titles for years im really struggling with the 360 pad with fps games.
    I tried out halo3 on live and got totally destroyed to point of absolute frustration as i couldnt hit anything.
    Now i only have the console 3 days but i wonder if ill ever get good with the pad.
    Ive got a high end gaming pc beside me with loads of fps titles but id really like to master the pad for when i do venture online.

One thing i did notice is i can kinda keep enemies in my crosshair by straffing left/right instead of trying to target them with the look analog.
    Maybe im wrong trying this technique?
    Any tips for a complete newbie?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

in a couple of weeks youll think the pad is the most natural thing youve ever played with once you stick to it

the 360 pad is probably the single greatest video game controller ever made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Play throught the SP game before you even consider going online, after a bit of time with it it'll start to feel a whole lot more natural (although not a patch on good old keyboard + mouse)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Have a good fiddle around with the sensitivity also, I play on a very high sensitivity, my friends can't use it at all like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

defo agree its one of the best pads ive used but still find it hard with games like bioshock it works great for halo 3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cheers folks,i was using default sensitivity but changed to sensitivity of two ,three is default.

Would you suggest sticking with 3 for now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Remember that Halo 3 has a pretty strong auto aim so don't wait until you have them dead center of your sights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Straffing side to side is defintely a more useful tactic on a console. Works for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

start off with low sensitivity then naturally after a while you will want to speed it up a bit when you get used to it

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I used think pads and FPSs don't mix but I think The Orange Box and 360 pad handles perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea I was a long time fps pc gamer aswell and it took a couple of weeks but you get the hang of it.. but if you want it to be accurate its pretty though.. for example in portal I cant for the life of me get all those gold silver bronze challenges you need to be so accurate.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement