Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 Media Center Extender Problem

• 21-12-2007 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Question about setting up my 360 as a Media Center Extender.

I have a wireless network and both my laptop and 360 are on it and I enter the 8 digit code they ask me for and everything.

Than my laptop goes through the tests and on the last one, I think its the connecting one, my TV screen says contacting but a few seconds later a blue screen comes up saying the connection has failed.

After a number of google searches it says it could be the firewall I use, which is BitDefender and I'm just wondering does anyone know how to configure this to open the ports that must be opened.

I've also tried turning off all the firewalls but this doesnt seem to work.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

This has something to do with the settings on your router. If you search this forum you'll find the answer to your question - I remember I had the same issue but got it sorted pretty easily.

Advertisement