Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pcworld.ie

• 21-12-2007 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭

www.pcworld.ie

*snigger*

Thanks Truckle :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Thats funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Ha ha

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hate that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

lmao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I heard they jacked the annual rental up to a massive FOUR NINE NINE.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

LMAO they really havent a clue :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

If only their hosting bills were £699?

Maybe they shouldnt of done so many of those crappy ads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Can't believe the hoster put that up though. Ha ha anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

That site has been down for many many months. It has not been used by pc world for a long time as they are working on something new I hear. Bigger and better. Least you guys got a chuckle out of it thats the main thing.

Merry Xmas.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The site was "Under Development" for a considerable amount of time, and was always a ****e site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Hilarious. Hope they won't go trying to sue the hosters for loss of business now, though its their own fault if they didn't pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭rjt

It gets better. A while back, I noticed that PC world and Dixons had similar (and awful!) sites. They also both used redirects - dixons.ie goes to dixons.ie/Dixons/index.htm and pcworld.ie did something similar. So I decided to try http://www.dixons.ie/PCworld/index.htm... and lo and behold, we get the crappy PC World website! It still works too, so you can look at it in all its crappiness.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Thanks for that - needed cheering up.

You'd have thought they would have taken out the 3 year extra cover finance deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

lol that got a laugh out of me, I ****ing hate pcworld

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

rjt wrote: »
    It gets better. A while back, I noticed that PC world and Dixons had similar (and awful!) sites. They also both used redirects - dixons.ie goes to dixons.ie/Dixons/index.htm and pcworld.ie did something similar. So I decided to try http://www.dixons.ie/PCworld/index.htm... and lo and behold, we get the crappy PC World website! It still works too, so you can look at it in all its crappiness.

You can't browse it, it's just 3 jpgs with their "deals" hahah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

It's ridiculous. The site was crap to begin with. Those that ran it were given no training. Pfftt.. PC World is a joke from the top down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

It's ridiculous. The site was crap to begin with. Those that ran it were given no training. Pfftt.. PC World is a joke from the top down.

:rolleyes:

Hj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

domain: pcworld.ie
    descr: DSG Retail Ireland Ltd
    descr: Body Corporate (Ltd,PLC,Company)
    descr: Registered Business Name
    admin-c: AB212-IEDR
    tech-c: AG2-IEDR
    renewal: 30-September-2008
    nserver: ns1.continuumdns.com
    nserver: ns2.continuumdns.com
    nserver: ns3.continuumdns.com
    source: IEDR

person: Amanda Brock
    nic-hdl: AB212-IEDR

person: Andrew Gromniak (MIS)
    nic-hdl: AG2-IEDR
    Hopefully they will forget to renew the domain and someone can move in and cyber squat it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Hopefully they will forget to renew the domain and someone can move in and cyber squat it. :)

.ie? Unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭hairyfish

Looks like its been hacked rather than exprired, no hosting company would put that message up ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You would be surprised. It could be the web designer that wasn't paid and he pulled the content. I certainly would remove content if I was not paid for my hard work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

hairyfish wrote: »
    no hosting company would put that message up ???
    I would!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭hairyfish

Well if a company put that up i wouldnt give them my services again...but then again if i had paid them properly in the first place...

duely noted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

hairyfish wrote: »
    Looks like its been hacked rather than exprired, no hosting company would put that message up ???

Yes of course they would...

~ > traceroute www.pcworld.ie
    traceroute to www.pcworld.ie (82.195.130.221), 30 hops max, 52 byte packets
    1 <snip> <snip>
    8 border2.hosting365.ie (193.242.111.23) 7.426 ms 6.720 ms 7.259 ms
    9 84.51.248.45 (84.51.248.45) 7.488 ms 8.099 ms 7.668 ms
    10 bashful.hosting365.ie (82.195.134.70) 7.910 ms 8.345 ms 7.918 ms
    11 win6.hosting365.ie (82.195.130.221) 8.499 ms 8.810 ms 7.059 ms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Nearly killed me inside, but i had to spend money in Dixons/PCWorld/Currys for the first time in 11 years over the Christmas - its the only tech shop in Blanchardstown. Had to bath and scrub myself rigorously afterwards.

Swore i'd never give them money again after they made my first PC buying experience and aftersales service so painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Lolz if someone buys it, and redirects all to komplett.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Is it not www.pcwb.ie now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

About time they got an Irish website in €.
    But does "business" mean business custumors only not privite.

note: I did buy my mini-LT there after observing price/specs for about a year and managed to get out of there without the extended waranty.

pcworld.ie funny:))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

what really makes me laugh is the fact that they still advertise www.pcworld.ie as their website in all their shops.its like they either dont know or dont care

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 buyingabroad

Advertisement