Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connection with an ethernet bridge. Please help.

• 21-12-2007 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I'm trying to connect my 360 to the wireless network in my house using a Netgear wireless ethernet bridge. Here's the situation:
    - It used to work fine, but the network now has WEP protection on it.
    - I figured it would be as simple as going into the 360 settings and specifying the SSID and password, but apparently not! This option cannot be accessed when using an ethernet connection.
    - I went into the router settings and specified the 360's MAC address be 'trusted'.
    - An IP address and subnet mask are obtained by the 360 (in the system settings anyway).
    - When I test the xbox live connection it fails on the IP address test every time.

I've run out of ideas. Any would be helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

Try setting a static address on the Xbox rather than using DHCP. You'll need to set DNS manually too.
    Also ensure your firewall is set to low and the xbox service is enabled on your router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Artos

BNC wrote: »
    Try setting a static address on the Xbox rather than using DHCP. You'll need to set DNS manually too.
    Also ensure your firewall is set to low and the xbox service is enabled on your router.

the objection i have to this is the massive effort it will take. i'd have to change the router and the 5 computers connecting to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Nope, you don't. Just leave the DHCP enabled and set an IP on the 360, then the 360 will only connect with that IP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

No you wouldn't.

Leave DHCP running on the router and leave your PC's set for DHCP. Just set a static address on the xbox itself. Its the way I have mine setup and works fine.

BNC wrote: »
    No you wouldn't.

Leave DHCP running on the router and leave your PC's set for DHCP. Just set a static address on the xbox itself. Its the way I have mine setup and works fine.

i see... then my next potentially ignorant question is - how do i know what ip to set?

• Advertisement

I've tried using as static address, now but no joy. I just dont understand why it wont work on the automatic setting, because in the xbox settings it seems to be picking up an IP and the subnet mask, but the gateway remains as 0.0.0.0.
    I am however getting different error reports depending on whether I'm using DHCP or static:
    - DHCP: Your console was unable to negotiate a lease with your DHCP server.
    - Static: Your gateway did not respond to a network request.

Can you tell what I'm doing wrong?

Advertisement