Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod content for 12yo boy

Options
  • 21-12-2007 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭

A colleague at work is looking for help. He has bought his 12yo an iPod for Christmas & wants to get some music loaded onto it so it can be played out of the stocking on Christmas morning.

Anyone here have any suggestions about what 12 year-olds are listening to ? I assume Green Day/Arctic Monkeys/eh, thats about it.

Anything else ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

...tell him to look at the kid's CD / mp3 collection and work from there... maybe use Pandora or something to give some suggestions/previews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

should have added that the son doesn't have much music cos, to date, he has nothing to play it on. Just looking for some other band's names. When I was that age my world of music started and ended with Thin Lizzy. Guess I'm not 'down wit da kids' :rolleyes: ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Yap Stam

Give him some Nirvana- every 12 year old likes them, even nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

never too early to get him into decent music, i'd say lash some metallica, led zepplin or something on :D

possibly pop type things?
    kanye west?
    or possibly a few compliation cds, maybe the likes of now 68, that'd cover a bitta everything

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cheerio

Yeah Now 68 is a good idea if you haven't a clue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Iron Maiden always seems to be popular with the kids. Classic rock is probably the best way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

John wrote: »
    Iron Maiden always seems to be popular with the kids. Classic rock is probably the best way to go.

I concur, give him some AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath etc

Advertisement