Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does it teach you how to play

Options
  • 21-12-2007 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

I'm not familiar with guitar hero, have just seen people playing it
    does it actually teach you how to play guitar or are you just pressing
    meaningless butons

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

meaningless buttons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

lol thats a shame

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It should help with finger dexterity. Might improve your rhythm and timing, that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Be a tad pointless having a game teach you how to play guitar, would be easier to just go learn guitar :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Herself plays guitar and she found it much easier to play GH that me (but I've no rhythm).
    I doubt it works both ways tho. At least as Makaveli says it would be good for timing and dexterity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

It certainly gives you a feel for it I suppose. But it wouldn't translate directly onto a real guitar, apart form the finger dexterity.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

It could be Keyboard hero! cause it just helps with dexterity and probably helps you to play in a band...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

I'd agree with the above posts, it's helps a bit with finger dexterity and perhaps with rhythm as well. That's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

It helps with some basic principals of playing guitar, liek rhythm and dexterity as people said above, and I suppose it gives you a small bit of limb independence as well.

The drums in Rock Band on the other hand are much closer to actually teaching you how to play them. I was talking to a guy I play with online, he's a drummer, and he said hard difficulty teaches you limb independence with the pedal etc. and if you play a song on expert you're hitting every beat and would be able to play the song on a real drum kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

limb independence being keeping different beats with each limb ? if thats it I could never understand how it was done, it's a toughie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

MooseJam wrote: »
    limb independence being keeping different beats with each limb ? if thats it I could never understand how it was done, it's a toughie

Yeah it's absolutely lethal, I'm on hard on teh drums now, and can get so far, tehn the bass pedal becomes a nightmare, I'm slowly but surely getting there though. It's so freakin' hard to get your foot to move differently to your right hand. I'm grand with it on slower songs, but if it gets any bit complicated I'm screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

it wont help you play the guitar but it will help you with your finger coordination and movements, I'm ok at GH not great but I do find it difficult to reach all the notes on a normal guitar. Just because your good at the guitar also doesn't mean you'll be good at GH.

Advertisement