Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Would the person responsible please step forward

Options
  • 21-12-2007 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭

Was clearing photos off my phone when I found this.

It's a 206 that left the N4 and travelled up the side of the embankment of the Celbridge/Leixlip exit, ie just after McCoy's Toyota garage. The N4 was closed while the guy in the tow truck tried to get it back down again. I took the photo from half way up the slip road, as all traffic was being diverted up it.

The photo doesn't really show it but the side of the embankment is probably about 60 degrees and the car had travelled up 30 or 40 feet of it.

Was around 1pm on Oct 20th.

All I'd like to know is how did the driver manage to do it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

I saw a Citreon Xantia that pole vaulted a barrier on the M50, which ended up looking like that 206. It was between the Blanch and Finglas exit northbound a few months ago. Would love to know what happened too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Should you be taking photos like that when you're driving;)?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This reminds me of the old 406 I saw implanted in the hedge on the M4, appeared to be undamaged, but facing the wrong way for the direction of travel... in rush hour. I suspect they spun but I've no idea how they didn't take anyone else out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tomas_V

E92 wrote: »
    The law doesn't explicitly mention cameras, but it does mention phones.

There seems to be a queue of cars behind waiting for the OP to finish taking his picture.

Hopefully, the unfortunate driver has survived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

E92 wrote: »

Could have been stuck in stationary traffic while taking the pic?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

He was in a left hand drive car and was just a passenger.
    Perfectly safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

lift off oversteer? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

How did I know this would come up!

I took the photo at high speed with my left hand pulling the handbrake to slow down a bit as I was being careful not to blur the photo, and my right hand holding the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

JHMEG wrote: »

I took the photo at high speed with my left hand pulling the handbrake to slow down a bit as I was being careful not to blur the photo, and my right hand holding the phone.

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

LOL :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

haha.

funny...

Well, in answer to your original question, the other guy was taking pictures of a pimped Subaru with a BMW badge on it, towing a horse box , when he lost control and ended up where you saw him.:D

Interesting to note that in your original post, you've shown no concern for the fate of the driver or any passengers.

Tomas_V wrote: »
    Interesting to note that in your original post, you've shown no concern for the fate of the driver or any passengers.
    The driver was standing down on the road looking up at the mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

High-horse central or what?

Mike.

No laughing matter:
    Guardian, December 21st, 2007: Jail risk for motorists who use mobile phones while driving.
    Endangering drivers and pedestrians while using a handheld mobile phone, satellite navigation system or iPod at the wheel will now be treated as dangerous driving rather than careless driving. The change means that drivers face up to two years in prison, the maximum penalty for dangerous driving, instead of the £5,000 fine and penalty points under a careless driving prosecution.

I think it's time Boards banned the publication of pictures taken by drivers while driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Lets ban everything. The only to keep the P.C brigade happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A bit of common sense is needed, after all you can crash while fishing about for a sandwich/cassette/cd/ipod/lippy etc

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

No laughing matter:

I think it's time Boards banned the publication of pictures taken by drivers while driving.

Oh no, who left the greens in here? It'll be only a matter of time before we'll have to recycle our old threads too! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I think JHMEG should edit his original post to include "I'm still crying over the thought of what might have happened to the occupants" to show that he's a wonderful human being.

No laughing matter:
    Would you be happier to know that due to the M4 being closed the traffic was at a standstill, and my engine was off (but ignition on Acc as I was listening to the radio), handbrake on, at the time I took the photograph?

I hope you didn't believe my earlier version (high speed, one hand on handbrake, other hand holding camera)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭mthd

No laughing matter:

I think it's obvious the op used a hands free camera

http://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/L10747637.jpg

Would you be happier to know that due to the M4 being closed the traffic was at a standstill, and my engine was off (but ignition on Acc as I was listening to the radio), handbrake on, at the time I took the photograph?

But you were still "in control" of the vehicle? ;) I had to say it before Tomas_V did :p

Stark wrote: »
    But you were still "in control" of the vehicle? ;) I had to say it before Tomas_V did :p
    Since when do parked cars require controlling?:rolleyes:

Since when do parked cars require controlling?:rolleyes:

I was joking. (Note the smilies).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Since it was a phone I think technically you were breaking the law.
    But it wasn't in anyway dangerous so who gives a ****

Stark wrote: »
    I was joking. (Note the smilies).
    My bad.. sorry!

Advertisement