Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that seem great when drunk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Ahh. I know the guy you're talking about.
    He seems decent enough.
    Fairly polite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Oh man... I've done this... and with the Westbury hotel no less
    That is fuppin' posh!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Dudess wrote: »
    That is fuppin' posh!

Yeah.. and I insisted on enjoying all the amenities of the room to get my moneys worth... I even took a bath at 5am.

Took the pens from the room too... still have them.. nice pens.. they look expensive, but feel cheap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

Walking home through the pheonix park,
    Fighting on ice,
    Trying to get free roses off the gypos,
    Giving out your phone number to people in nightclubs,
    Inviting people back to your "free gaff" when its technically not free,
    Using the kitchen door as a dartboard, and a meat cleaver as a dart,
    Seeing can you drift a friends 07 Mazda Rx-8 around a round-about,
    Doing drugs,when you know you can be randomly tested.

To name but a few.

Yeah.. and I insisted on enjoying all the amenities of the room to get my moneys worth... I even took a bath at 5am.

Took the pens from the room too... still have them.. nice pens.. they look expensive, but feel cheap...
    That girl must have felt like a queen that magical night.
    FOGOFUNK wrote: »
    Walking home through the pheonix park
    What's wrong with that? I think the Phoenix Park would be a beautiful walk late at night (I'm a clueless Cork culchie).
    Inviting people back to your "free gaff" when its technically not free,
    Using the kitchen door as a dartboard, and a meat cleaver as a dart,
    Seeing can you drift a friends 07 Mazda Rx-8 around a round-about
    :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

What's wrong with that? I think the Phoenix Park would be a beautiful walk late at night (I'm a clueless Cork culchie).
    gates close i think.

That girl must have felt like a queen that magical night.

Except for the fact that I was twisted drunk and probably wasn't the best at performing that evening... oh man... that was a crazy evening... remind me to tell you the back story some time...

It's beautiful if you want to have lots of bumsex!

And...? You say that like it's a bad thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

Well, strange goings on in the park at night! Some may be urban legend, others may not;)

There was a story of lad wo lived in castleknock walking home through the park on his own one night. He was found hanging from a tree naked.

There was also a story of a german couple who went camping in the park one night, the rangers found them and their tent slashed to pieces.

Add this to all the strange men who frequent the place at night looking for "services:rolleyes:"

It was seriously freaky! no taxi driver would even stop when we got tired half way through!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Being a mod on after hours probably seems cool when your drunk:eek:

Well, strange goings on in the park at night! Some may be urban legend, others may not;)

There was a story of lad wo lived in castleknock walking home through the park on his own one night. He was found hanging from a tree naked.

There was also a story of a german couple who went camping in the park one night, the rangers found them and their tent slashed to pieces.

Add this to all the strange men who frequent the place at night looking for "services:rolleyes:"

It was seriously freaky! no taxi driver would even stop when we got tired half way through!
    I also heard tale of a creepy guy in a dress and a funny hat giving a speech there in the 70s.

Yeah! Telling the young people of Ireland he "loved" them. Ew!
    Being a mod on after hours probably seems cool when your drunk:eek:
    They forced me into it :(. So when does the initiation ceremony take place? And what does it involve? Will it be a bit of an Eyes Wide Shut scenario? I got one of those cloak and mask type deals for Christmas. I could wear those.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

-thinking that wrestling my drunk rugby player mate wont hurt
    -thinking that the big fence with the spikes on top will be easy to climb
    -trying to rob the lights of the big christmas tree in santry would work
    -trying to cycle when you can hardly stand
    -going home in that state....parents none too pleased
    -thinking climbing in the sitting room window means ya can avoid your parents........not useful when theyre in the sitting room
    -the explanations you give when caught with drink....."im just carrying it so it dosent settle and go nasty"...bottle of vodka dont even know where that one came form
    -rolling down hills seems a good idea
    -aerial gymnasticls off poles and wires seem easy
    -the dirty dancing lift but you just keep going over!
    -sneaking out of the house at 3 in the morning to go to a gaff party
    -sneaking people in and out of your house wile parents are asleep

thats all i can think of off hand

-thinking climbing in the sitting room window means ya can avoid your parents........not useful when theyre in the sitting room
    -the explanations you give when caught with drink....."im just carrying it so it dosent settle and go nasty"...bottle of vodka dont even know where that one came form
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

ive alos been bringin a bottle of wine "for a walk" and got caught ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

Inviting people back to your "free gaff" when its technically not free.

thats the worst thing. I always seem to do it, i lure randomers back to the flat with the promise of jack daniels.
    worst ever when my housemates come out.

wait, i don't lure *shifty eyes*

Sofaspud wrote: »
    Getting on stage with half your band to perform songs you haven't rehearsed properly, thinking you have the right amount of dexterity in your hands, and thinking your voice will somehow work, while using the equipment that the band who are actually playing in the pub are using, without knowing how to use their effects etc.

Not that I've ever done that. Twice.
    Well said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

There is many, so so many but I'll just post a couple.

A) Carrying a stop sign home while it was still attached to the rather large metal pole only to get stopped by an off duty guard at the next petrol station while trying to buy food.

B) Walking around Phi Phi barefooted, anyone who has been there will know that’s not a good idea.

C) Going to a 24 hour tesco and purchasing games. Why oh why would anyone do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭bobbi

Trolley Rides - Great Idea When Your Locked Bad Idea When You Fall Out!

Going to the Airport - no reason to go there ya just feel like it at 4am.

Tesco - once again deciding to do some shopping in tesco locked is a very productive idea.

so many to choose from ... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

letting your mates push you down the main street in a tesco trolley....damn gardai on motorbikes
    Walking an hour home in the pissing rain in high heels
    Calling the guards because your neighbours are wrecking your head with their extra loud dance music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

gillo wrote: »
    Random nite-links

Posting on boards

Random purchases

Calling into work

sobering up

Worst thing I remember doing was, slipping behind the bar in a dodgy establishment and trying to put a refund on my credit card without getting caught. Yes it was reckless and stupid, but it made sense at the time.

sheer genius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

everything that happend on new years eve:o

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Chasing Cars

There is many, so so many but I'll just post a couple.

A) Carrying a stop sign home while it was still attached to the rather large metal pole.

I used to work in Eddie Rockets and a guy robbed the stop sign from the door. Which is funny enough in itself but at the time we were running a competition which this guy had entered leaving us his name address and phone number. The next morning this poor guy woke up to find a stop sign in his house and then received a phone call telling him to drop the sign back or we would ring the police. That evening a we kept our eye out for a very red faced guy walking along with a stop sign but he somehow managed to drop it back without any of the staff our customers seeing him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I used to work in Eddie Rockets and a guy robbed the stop sign from the door. Which is funny enough in itself but at the time we were running a competition which this guy had entered leaving us his name address and phone number. The next morning this poor guy woke up to find a stop sign in his house and then received a phone call telling him to drop the sign back or we would ring the police. That evening a we kept our eye out for a very red faced guy dropping walking along with a stop sign but he somehow managed to drop it back without any of the staff our customers seeing him.

Ah ha funny, but mine was a road traffic sign that was still attached to the 7ft plus metal pole. Quite heavy for a little fella like me, was also very awarkered to carry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Apparently I think it's great to start hugging people when I'm drunk... is that wierd?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Ah ha funny, but mine was a road traffic sign that was still attached to the 7ft plus metal pole. Quite heavy for a little fella like me, was also very awarkered to carry.
    Coming home from a club one night, myself and 3 college friends found a big road sign on the ground saying "MAJOR ROAD WORKS AHEAD". It was about 2 metres on each side and it took the four of us ages to bring it home, manoeuvre it through our house and put in the back garden. When we woke up the next morning it was gone, some thieving bastards had nicked it. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

agamemnon wrote: »
    Coming home from a club one night, myself and 3 college friends found a big road sign on the ground saying "MAJOR ROAD WORKS AHEAD". It was about 2 metres on each side and it took the four of us ages to bring it home, manoeuvre it through our house and put in the back garden. When we woke up the next morning it was gone, some thieving bastards had nicked it. :mad:

Hi pot. Meet kettle. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

DEmeant0r wrote: »
    Hi pot. Meet kettle. :D
    Ah, but we didn't "steal" it; we liberated it from a life of soulless, roadside drudgery and planned to elevate it to the status of an objet d'art. It would have looked great in the bathroom.

That house was full of stuff we nicked when drunk: road signs, traffic cones, posters, empty kegs and the like. In typical student fashion, we had walls covered with beer mats and empty cans. I was terrible for bringing traffic cones home. Many mornings I woke up with a murderous hangover to see a fluorescent orange thing at the foot of my bed and moan "Oh no, it happened again."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

I'd have to say long distance walks (usually for smokes) at 3am to shops, usually involving the climbing of several walls and the crossing of a motor way.

Advertisement