Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that seem great when drunk

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SoundGuyDave

1. Phone calls/texts
    2. Getting one for the road
    3. Phone calls/texts
    4. Getting another for the road
    5. Phone calls/texts
    6. Getting drunk in the first place
    7. Phone calls/texts
    8. Phone calls/texts
    9. Phone calls/texts
    10. Phone calls/texts

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

mp3guy wrote: »
    Walking completely unrealistic distances home.

I was in Tralee one night a few years ago for New Years.. did the whole Happy New Year bit then upped and left the pub.. decided if I started right abotu then I'd make it back home to Limerick in time for Breakfast..

Got a few miles outside Tralee, jumped in a car that stopped and ended up in Cork... was no fun trying to find a B & B in Cork at 5am on New Years Day.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭-Leelo-

Forky wrote: »
    I went through a stage of reading when I came home drunk. I often got through 30 or 40 pages, bent the page (as a bookmark) and fell asleep. The next time I'd go to read it I'd have to look for where I had been pre drunken reading, because I wouldn't remember a single thing I'd read.
    Annoying.

I always do that, and the I have to go back and find the page I was on before my little drunken quest for knowledge.

I say everything at least 3 times because I think people aren't listening to me......in fairness they're probably not.

Threw my purse at a bouncer one night, not entirely sure why though :D

Also rang what I thought was the carriage office to complain about a rude taxi man, turns out I was onto Blanchardstown Police Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Robbing for sale signs out of gardens and putting them up in other peoples gardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Prank calls, New years eve I rang loads of people pretending to be from a British cult called the 'Association of Emancipated Saints'.

One man stayed on the line for so long I had to hang up myself, I think he was genuinely interested!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Quality wrote: »
    Robbing for sale signs out of gardens and putting them up in other peoples gardens.

+1. In the same vein, putting sinn fein election posters in the garden of people who are die in the wool fine gaelers. Happy times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 seems great when you're langered... but it's just not!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭whatsgoinon

this could have been very dangerous, looking back it was very very stupid.
    was in paris, got BALOOBAS, was trying to get back to the hotel, had no idea where it was, hailed a taxi, got into a car that wasn't a taxi just some fella driving to work or something, me and my friend piled into the car, started jabbering away about our day sightseeing, he dropped us off somewhere near the hotel, i think i gave him money but not entirely sure.

while working abroad, got a bit lost on the way back to my apartment, gave up and slept on a park bench, woke up no shoes and none the wiser as to where i was

i've copped on a little bit since then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭brow_601

i'm drunk now and boards.ie seems great.....

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Yay, this thread is still going. Surely my personal longest so far. Bebo has added another way of contacting people innapropriatley when scuttered. Don't message when pissed, people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

one night in our packed local my mates and i decided that the table and four chairs we were sitting on would make a great moving in present for a mutual friend of ours so bit by bit we edged our way to the exit doors moving our chairs and table with us after bout six more pints we successfully made it without being caught and to this day kitchen area in his apartment looks very reminiscent to our local establishment

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Being drunk in the first place feels great at the time, never really is though for the most part

buying people drinks and being that extra bit friveless with money also seems great at the time until you wake up and realise what you spent

Tv programes/ some movies sometimes can seem great until you watch them again sobor

Tapping the rim of people's pint glass with the bottom of yours seems like a lot of fun until the glass breaks

I'd say the most popular in this country would be thinking going for a spin home in the car would be a great idea for some, shure of course your not drunk and a complete moron at the time, nooooo!

The Flinstones can be damn good when ya get home after a night out...

Don't diss it till you've tried it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i built a wee fort last night. i then measured my drunkeness on how often i had to leave it to use the bathroom, and how close i came to falling on my face when i had to climb over it to get out.

this is one of my few gems that, in the soberness of daytime... i still think is a good idea.

Class, did ya build it inside or outside? I remember a few years ago we used to build huts! Quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

inside, aws watching telly at the time, and initially jsut got one of the huge modern-couch cushions to use for propping my feet out for couch-sprawlage, and i had the coffee table pulled right in so i could put my drink there with no effort, and the first time i got up to break the seal, i realised it was a lot of effort, and i had to climb and stuff to get out...and the idea kinda built from there.i had my hurleys propping up my roof (blanky) and everything by the end.

i decided that my sleeping b/f on teh other couch was an invading army come to take my fort, and flicked sweet wrappers at him for a while too. then i got bored and hopped online...

Advertisement