Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subwoofer

Options
  • 21-12-2007 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I have just installed a Samsung Digital Home Cinema System HT-X30.
    But unable to get any sound from the subwoofer .The five speakers are all working fine .The speaker /unit/optical cable(s) have been tested found ok.Now at a loss can any one help me please:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Sub dead / sub psu dead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ratrace

Sub dead / sub psu dead?
    Steve
    I returned the speaker/digital system to the store .They tried and tested the system on a samsung hdtv(Same as mine) found to be working The only thing i can think of they ,The installer who set up the systems wrong.The hmdi jack ok which which only cost £4.50p.But you can buy one top grade at £30.00. plus would that make any diffrence?(Back to the hand book)
    Thank you for your reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

The hmdi jack ok which which only cost £4.50p.But you can buy one top grade at £30.00. plus would that make any diffrence?

No it wont make a difference , digital cables at that length all perform the same regardless of price.

It is most likely the case that the content your were playing had no direct feed to the sub , how is the sub connected up to the amp , is it RCA phono ? And did you make sure that your source is feeding out 6 separate channels of audio ?

There should be test tones available on the system , play them and make sure you get a sound from the subwoofer when you do so.

Advertisement