Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Fingal FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

And were was the Shelbourne support.? You are suppose to be a big club.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

cymro wrote: »
    And were was the Shelbourne support.? You are suppose to be a big club.

Attendence was 992, no more than 100 Fingal/Bohs fans.

There was no bohs fans there. The lads that were singing are the swords crowd.
    it seems that most of the shels support are just glory hunters who only turn up for so called big games. What was with that pathetic showing of the banner and red cards? Fingal will be around when shels have gone bust. Shels have been around for years now and still your support is ****e. Comment on our support after we have been around as long as shels have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

We still had about 9 times more fans there than Fingal did. And we've just come from one of the biggest dilemmas the club will ever face in the space of just over a year. We've lost most of our glory hunting support base who will inevitably be back as though they'd never left if we make the Premier and start doing well again.

Fingal on the other hand should still be feeling the benefits of having the novelty of being a relatively new club. If people aren't out supporting the club now, I can't see whats going to make them. 100 or so fans at a game in Dublin against one of the sides promotion rivals just doesn't fill me with confidence that the club is going to last 5 years. Shels on the other hand may not be out of the financial woods just yet, but I definitely feel the worst is over.

Some of it had to do with not wanting to give 15 euros to shels.:D

• Advertisement

Some of it had to do with not wanting to give 15 euros to shels.:D

Lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

DSB wrote: »
    We still had about 9 times more fans there than Fingal did. And we've just come from one of the biggest dilemmas the club will ever face in the space of just over a year.

You consider 900 fans for a home game for a club of your history as something to slag sporting fingal fans about.:rolleyes:
    I think dilemma might be understating Shels problems just a bit.
    Fingal on the other hand should still be feeling the benefits of having the novelty of being a relatively new club. If people aren't out supporting the club now, I can't see whats going to make them.

A new club doesnt start of with a load of fans. It takes time to build a fan base.
    Success brings in fans. Since we are only starting we have a low fan base.

oh and nice result by the way. sporting back in the hunt :)

A new club doesnt start of with a load of fans. It takes time to build a fan base.
    Success brings in fans. Since we are only starting we have a low fan base.

oh and nice result by the way. sporting back in the hunt :)

And do enlighten me as to what is gonna bring the fans flocking? Dublin City had success, they got promotion. Where are they now? The fact remains that there is simply no room for Sporting Fingal as a club. They'll never be able to bring in enough people from the Dublin/Fingal area to keep them going. Most people who have an ambition to support the national league, were doing so already either with Shels, Bohs, Pats or Rovers. Of course there'll be a few people who like the novelty of having Fingal on the name of the club, but there isn't going to be enough to sustain a fanbase every week. If the locals aren't willing to come out for a local derby against Shels just up the road, what will motivate them?

Fingal's place in the league should have gone to an area that didn't already have a club. Wexford Youths are an excellent example of how a club should be run from day 1. Initial success won't breed longevity in this league. This should seem obvious now, as Galway United and Waterford, and previously Shels have been finding out. Installing strong foundations and a fanbase should definitely have been the first thing Fingal set out to do, before they took on such a large wage bill. I'm aware that the club has large financial backing, but this won't stick around if people just don't seem interested. The club really needed to wait until it got its ground in the Fingal area before joining the league. It could have hit the ground rolling and got people coming out from day 1 while the novelty was still fresh, but now when the club finally does locate, it'll be of little interest to the locals who've by and large been ignoring the club for the last year.

I can also assure you that no1 at Shelbourne think 900 is an impressive attendance. But, we've been through the worst lately. We've had hundreds and thousands of people who would be coming to games if we were in the Premier stop coming on a regular basis. These people still call themselves Shels fans. Poor fans as they are, if Shelbourne are back in the top flight playing Bohs, Pats and Rovers weekly they'll be back. The attendances might not rise as high as the top attended clubs in the league, but they'll be healthy, and there'll be a recipe for survival as long as the club doesn't overspend on players and wages, which you'd imagine they wouldn't since lessons will have been learned.

Essentially, Shelbourne and Fingal are polar opposites. Shelbourne are the fallen giants who have just come from their worst, its natural that attendances might be low for us, things can only get better. For Fingal, the novelty should still be there and you'd have thought people would be embracing having a local club. If people aren't there now, then what will bring them en masse to the ground every week?

Plus, its a very sad day when clubs are boasting about being 3 points BEHIND another club. Play the new club card if you must, but the massive wage bill Fingal have, clearly doesn't reflect its new club status.

If people aren't there now, then what will bring them en masse to the ground every week?

Bus?

Fingal is gonna catch you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Give Franchise Football The Red Card

261895143a8173671617l.jpg

• Advertisement

If people aren't there now, then what will bring them en masse to the ground every week?

Bus?

Fingal is gonna catch you :D

Good job at successfully dodging every single valid point.

And do enlighten me as to what is gonna bring the fans flocking? Dublin City had success, they got promotion.
    Not exactly what i would call success, promotion and relagation does not make for success. Now promotion and staying in the league for a significant amount of time will help. Just like you expect your attendance to go up if you get back up. (not saying sportings will rise as high as yours)
    The fact remains that there is simply no room for Sporting Fingal as a club
    What fact is this
    They'll never be able to bring in enough people from the Dublin/Fingal area to keep them going.
    . And you know this how, maybe using the words in my opinion a little more often might help
    Most people who have an ambition to support the national league, were doing so already either with Shels, Bohs, Pats or Rovers.
    . Fair point, cant argue with that. So whats your problem at least you dont have to worry about sporting taking some of your fanbase considering they are already aligned to their clubs. And is it not the policy of the eircom league to entice new fans some of which may support sporting.
    Of course there'll be a few people who like the novelty of having Fingal on the name of the club
    Believe me its no novelty they represent my area of which im proud of just like you are of your club.
    If the locals aren't willing to come out for a local derby against Shels just up the road, what will motivate them?
    Mate. They didnt turn up for your club either. 900 is terrible for a club of your history in a local derby against sporting on your home ground, what will motivate your lot.
    Fingal's place in the league should have gone to an area that didn't already have a club.
    Well if they didnt already have a club that might be a little difficult. Considering you have to have a club to join;)
    Wexford Youths are an excellent example of how a club should be run from day 1. Initial success won't breed longevity in this league. This should seem obvious now, as Galway United and Waterford, and previously Shels have been finding out. Installing strong foundations and a fanbase should definitely have been the first thing Fingal set out to do, before they took on such a large wage bill.
    Ok again fair enough point about the clubs. Do you know how much fingal are paying their players. And do you know how much investment their is and for how long.
    ( i would like you to answer this and please dont say a lot)
    The club really needed to wait until it got its ground in the Fingal area before joining the league. It could have hit the ground rolling and got people coming out from day 1 while the novelty was still fresh, but now when the club finally does locate, it'll be of little interest to the locals who've by and large been ignoring the club for the last year.
    Based on what logic. So what you are saying is that in an area that doesnt deserve a club that has no fan base(according to you earlier) we would have been successful if the club had started of in fingal due to the novelty factor but because this novelty factor you speak of was 10 miles up the road it wont work. I agree we need to get to swords as soon a possible but if our club fails it wont be to do with the fact this novelty thingy you like to talk about didnt happen in swords.
    if Shelbourne are back in the top flight playing Bohs, Pats and Rovers weekly they'll be back. The attendances might not rise as high as the top attended clubs in the league, but they'll be healthy, and there'll be a recipe for survival as long as the club doesn't overspend on players and wages, which you'd imagine they wouldn't since lessons will have been learned.
    And if our club goes up our attendances will more than likely improve, not like yours i know. and if we manage to stay up we then have something to build on. As i said success bring s the crowds. it will take time i know and it may not work but to come out this early and say it wont for sporting is something you cant say for certainty. Do you think that shels are the only ones to learn from what happened to shels.
    Essentially, Shelbourne and Fingal are polar opposites. Shelbourne are the fallen giants who have just come from their worst, its natural that attendances might be low for us,
    Leeds united have managed to keep two thirds of their support 2 leagues below where they where, says alot about your fanbase.
    For Fingal, the novelty should still be there and you'd have thought people would be embracing having a local club. If people aren't there now, then what will bring them en masse to the ground every week?
    Here we go again about this novelty thing. I guess a lot of your fans must have had this novelty thing you like to talk about with shels because where are they now. again i say success brings the fans. As you have already mentioned would happen to shels if they get promoted
    And if our club goes up our attendances will more than likely improve
    Plus, its a very sad day when clubs are boasting about being 3 points BEHIND another club. Play the new club card if you must, but the massive wage bill Fingal have, clearly doesn't reflect its new club status.
    I wasnt boasting just stating we where back in the hunt, Its called football banter its what football fans do, but i guess you are a little bit sensitive so i wont do it any more.

Mate you are saying nothing new from any other shels fans i have talked to. You really are taking this sporting fingal thing personally. Which seems like a lot of shels fans are (not all i know) Sour grapes for some reason. Yous have had it bad and a new club comes on the scene with cash and it p#sses you off. I think you should spend more time worrying about shels and let us worry about sporting.
    oh hopefully thats not dodging any of your points

Not exactly what i would call success, promotion and relagation does not make for success. Now promotion and staying in the league for a significant amount of time will help. Just like you expect your attendance to go up if you get back up. (not saying sportings will rise as high as yours)
    What fact is this
    . And you know this how, maybe using the words in my opinion a little more often might help
    . Fair point, cant argue with that. So whats your problem at least you dont have to worry about sporting taking some of your fanbase considering they are already aligned to their clubs. And is it not the policy of the eircom league to entice new fans some of which may support sporting.

Believe me its no novelty they represent my area of which im proud of just like you are of your club.

Mate. They didnt turn up for your club either. 900 is terrible for a club of your history in a local derby against sporting on your home ground, what will motivate your lot.

Well if they didnt already have a club that might be a little difficult. Considering you have to have a club to join;)

Ok again fair enough point about the clubs. Do you know how much fingal are paying their players. And do you know how much investment their is and for how long.
    ( i would like you to answer this and please dont say a lot)

Based on what logic. So what you are saying is that in an area that doesnt deserve a club that has no fan base(according to you earlier) we would have been successful if the club had started of in fingal due to the novelty factor but because this novelty factor you speak of was 10 miles up the road it wont work. I agree we need to get to swords as soon a possible but if our club fails it wont be to do with the fact this novelty thingy you like to talk about didnt happen in swords.

And if our club goes up our attendances will more than likely improve, not like yours i know. and if we manage to stay up we then have something to build on. As i said success bring s the crowds. it will take time i know and it may not work but to come out this early and say it wont for sporting is something you cant say for certainty. Do you think that shels are the only ones to learn from what happened to shels.

Leeds united have managed to keep two thirds of their support 2 leagues below where they where, says alot about your fanbase.

Here we go again about this novelty thing. I guess a lot of your fans must have had this novelty thing you like to talk about with shels because where are they now. again i say success brings the fans. As you have already mentioned would happen to shels if they get promoted

I wasnt boasting just stating we where back in the hunt, Its called football banter its what football fans do, but i guess you are a little bit sensitive so i wont do it any more.

Mate you are saying nothing new from any other shels fans i have talked to. You really are taking this sporting fingal thing personally. Which seems like a lot of shels fans are (not all i know) Sour grapes for some reason. Yous have had it bad and a new club comes on the scene with cash and it p#sses you off. I think you should spend more time worrying about shels and let us worry about sporting.
    oh hopefully thats not dodging any of your points

Nope. Points answered. I just think most of that there is wishful thinking and defies everything that has happened with clubs in Ireland in the past. To answer your question, I couldn't give you exact figures for wage bill etc. But I know where the players have come from, and the reputation they'd have and I can assure you they're on a fairly handsome wage for a club only in the league 4 months.

Its nice that you have enthusiasm for your club and all. But, when I said an area that didn't already have a club, I meant a club in the Eircom League, not a club in general. At least, a club elsewhere would have a realistic chance of getting the hearts of the county behind them, and make a real go of things. The fact is that a very high proportion of the people of Fingal who have any interest in supporting Eircom League soccer already support a club. I'm from Fingal and I support Shelbourne. And it is very pedantic to say that Shelbourne or Bohs don't represent the Fingal area. Fingal isn't its own county, no matter how much it wishes it was. It is part of the north Dublin area, which is simply a bus journey down the road for most.

You probably all support English clubs aswell, do you? Do those clubs represent your area?

How is Fingal v shels a local derby? Shels is a south side club camping on the north side.

I just think most of that there is wishful thinking and defies everything that has happened with clubs in Ireland in the past.
    Could you please point out the parts that are wishful thinking and explain how anything i said relates to what happened to other clubs in ireland in the past.
    To answer your question, I couldn't give you exact figures for wage bill etc. But I know where the players have come from, and the reputation they'd have and I can assure you they're on a fairly handsome wage for a club only in the league 4 months.
    So you dont know for sure. and you dont know the level of investment that has been made and for how long in the club. Well could you please stop the remarks about how it definately wont work. you dont know for sure. It maybe your opinion, but could you state its an opinion.
    At least, a club elsewhere would have a realistic chance of getting the hearts of the county behind them, and make a real go of things.
    Oh Right, I forgot, dundalk get great support and so do limerick and kildare and wait lets see Kilkenny should still be in the league because they had loads of fans for home games. (Im not trying to slag of any of these teams by the way. im just pointing out a fact) Do these clubs elsewhere get any better support than Sporting, did they win over the hearts of people in their county why should these clubs not get wrath of DSB. Maybe we should get rid of all dublin teams and just have one for the county, DUBLIN UNITED:rolleyes:
    The fact is that a very high proportion of the people of Fingal who have any interest in supporting Eircom League soccer already support a club. I'm from Fingal and I support Shelbourne.
    Yes a lot from the area do and some dont. Does this mean that i should support Shels or should i ask you to support sporting? I dont think so.
    And it is very pedantic to say that Shelbourne or Bohs don't represent the Fingal area.
    I said this to you when?
    ill say it now though, they dont represent my area and never have. I dont know any Shels or Bohs fans from my area, unless they have moved here from elsewhere. My area has never had a club in the irish league that i felt represented me and now it has.
    Fingal isn't its own county, no matter how much it wishes it was. It is part of the north Dublin area, which is simply a bus journey down the road for most.
    Never said it was, but it is the place i live in and sporting is the club to represent me. Not sure what you mean by bus journey thingy
    You probably all support English clubs aswell, do you? Do those clubs represent your area?
    Ah, and now we turn to pettiness. Whats the english clubs got to do with anything. i just stated because it represents my area i support them. Its what drew me to the club.

The club may work or it may not, But please come up with better reasons for why we might fail than the same tired arguments iv been hearing for the last 6 months.

Best of look to all fans of the league. Heres to clubs not going out of business and hopefully all clubs will see a rise in attendance and revenue so maybe at some stage we can start competing with some of the larger leagues in europe.

Could you please point out the parts that are wishful thinking and explain how anything i said relates to what happened to other clubs in ireland in the past.

So you dont know for sure. and you dont know the level of investment that has been made and for how long in the club. Well could you please stop the remarks about how it definately wont work. you dont know for sure. It maybe your opinion, but could you state its an opinion.

Oh Right, I forgot, dundalk get great support and so do limerick and kildare and wait lets see Kilkenny should still be in the league because they had loads of fans for home games. (Im not trying to slag of any of these teams by the way. im just pointing out a fact) Do these clubs elsewhere get any better support than Sporting, did they win over the hearts of people in their county why should these clubs not get wrath of DSB. Maybe we should get rid of all dublin teams and just have one for the county, DUBLIN UNITED:rolleyes:

Yes a lot from the area do and some dont. Does this mean that i should support Shels or should i ask you to support sporting? I dont think so.

I said this to you when?
    ill say it now though, they dont represent my area and never have. I dont know any Shels or Bohs fans from my area, unless they have moved here from elsewhere. My area has never had a club in the irish league that i felt represented me and now it has.
    Never said it was, but it is the place i live in and sporting is the club to represent me. Not sure what you mean by bus journey thingy

Ah, and now we turn to pettiness. Whats the english clubs got to do with anything. i just stated because it represents my area i support them. Its what drew me to the club.

The club may work or it may not, But please come up with better reasons for why we might fail than the same tired arguments iv been hearing for the last 6 months.

Best of look to all fans of the league. Heres to clubs not going out of business and hopefully all clubs will see a rise in attendance and revenue so maybe at some stage we can start competing with some of the larger leagues in europe.

Wishful thinking:
    1)Getting to the Premier and staying there for a significant amount of time.
    2)Talking about how attendances will rise for the club if they go up. They may, but not significantly. It has been shown time after time, that teams doing well in the First Division winning games most weeks have less of their own fans out than when they go up and struggle. And you can be sure there would be a struggle for at least a reasonable period of time.
    3)Most of your arguments are based on the idea of 'you can't be sure'. But the fact remains that this has been happening over and over again. Clubs like Waterford United, Sligo Rovers, Cobh Ramblers and Galway United are all struggling financially on much higher attendances than yours. Unfortunately in this country, success doesn't bring the high attendances in this league that it would in England. Shels' champions league exploits proved this. Now unless Sporting Fingal have some cunning way of making this all happen, then they will very likely be in alot of trouble. And considering, they haven't been great at getting bums on seats so far, there'd be quite an amount of evidence to suggest they'll struggle to do so.

Dundalk actually have pretty good attendances for a First Division club so I don't know where you get this from. As for Limerick and Kildare, yes there attendances might not be excellent, but they have wage bills that complement that. They're clubs that came into areas where there were no clubs, whereas Sporting Fingal are just overcrowding an already saturated market. People from the Dublin city or suburban areas are spoiled for choice as for Eircom League clubs as it is.

And the English clubs had a huge relevancy to my argument actually. Why is it that you wouldn't support Shels because they don't represent your area apparently, but you'll jump to support an English club (this is just me making an assumption that you do by the way, and if you don't my point still stands, because your opinion seems to be a commonly shared one among Sporting Fingal fans)

And there is nothing tired about the arguments you are hearing. Look around the league at the moment. Every day we're reading about a new club in financial difficulties. And it just emphasises the need to build solid foundations at a club before spending huge amounts of money on players. Galway and Sligo rushed into fulltime football, Sporting Fingal have rushed into signing big name players that their operating income can't come close to affording. What the league needed was another Wexford Youths. A club that was willing to come in and do the right thing from the start. Spend money on developing facilities, succeeding in bringing families into the club, and not spending money on a massive wage bill when it was not profitable to do so. Peoples' contempt for Sporting Fingal stems from the fact that there was no reason for their entry to the league in the first place. They contributed nothing to the league bar another team to fill a place. When Wexford and Kildare came in they offered a club to an area where there were none, and developing football from grassroots. Sporting Fingal have so far just given former barstoolers a chance to continue avoiding the clubs that have stared them in the face for so long and suddenly decide 'oh theres a new club in Dublin? lets suddenly support Eircom League football'. Should it really have taken that to get people interested? I mean its excellent that these people have taken an interest, dont get me wrong. But it shouldn't take a gimmick to make this happen.

How is Fingal v shels a local derby? Shels is a south side club camping on the north side.

You're interested in the history of clubs yeah? Jaysus, Id never have thought. Dublin City and Sporting Fingal. Both rich in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

You're interested in the history of clubs yeah? Jaysus, Id never have thought. Dublin City and Sporting Fingal. Both rich in history.

He's right though. As Ollie Byrne once said the real Dublin derby is Shams -v- Shels.

I agree. seeing that the 2 were formed in the same area. I had to laugh at the red card franchise banner attempt, how do you think Shelbourne was started?

Mate, do you actually just start typing and not think or take into account what i have said. You dodge valid points, you get cornered and your reaction is to get personal and make assumptions. By all means debate but please stick to the points and please stop putting words in my mouth. I could go back through what you have said but it is clear you will dodge most of what i was saying. Its clear to me its not your opinion that sporting wont work, its really you dont want it to work. Its negative thinking on your part. I had this from mostly shels fans and im bored of it now. A lot of you are angry at what happened to your club, which has nothing to do with sporting. Hope your club does well in the future and lets enjoy some matches between SF and Shels in the top flight soon i hope.

oh by the way can you please tell me if you know our average attendance this year and those of the clubs i mentioned before you state they get better attendances. 1 or 2 hundred better off is not going to make much of a difference in terms of finances dont you think. And you might be suprised that some are worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Guys I've given you free reign with this thread and if you want it kept that way I suggest you all relax a bit.

Dont you think that was a bit premature to jump in with a warning.
    Dont really see much in the last few statements that was offensive. Its a discussion, mildly heated but still a discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Dont you think that was a bit premature to jump in with a warning.
    Dont really see much in the last few statements that was offensive. Its a discussion, mildly heated but still a discussion.

2 things:

1) It was a friendly warning and I have hardly overstepped the mark by asking you to relax a bit. If you'd rather I move this to the soccer forum I'll gladly do so, those without access may have an issue with it however.

2) If you wish to comment on any modding decisions I make you should PM me or failing that, take it to Feedback. You're around a few months now and as far as I'm concerned thats long enough to know that you don't have the discussion on-thread as it will bring it off-topic.

Now feel free to continue with your discussion, I'm merely asking that you make it less "heated".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

This same discussion has been running in circles since Sporting Fingal became a reality. It's time to face reality and let the story unfold. There's no possibility of scoring points on the discussion until the club proves itself one way or another to be a success (if it's still alive and kicking in ten years time) or failure (if it's gone by then). Until then it's all crystal balling.

I think i got my fair share of footballing puns in there.

Mate, do you actually just start typing and not think or take into account what i have said. You dodge valid points, you get cornered and your reaction is to get personal and make assumptions. By all means debate but please stick to the points and please stop putting words in my mouth. I could go back through what you have said but it is clear you will dodge most of what i was saying. Its clear to me its not your opinion that sporting wont work, its really you dont want it to work. Its negative thinking on your part. I had this from mostly shels fans and im bored of it now. A lot of you are angry at what happened to your club, which has nothing to do with sporting. Hope your club does well in the future and lets enjoy some matches between SF and Shels in the top flight soon i hope.

oh by the way can you please tell me if you know our average attendance this year and those of the clubs i mentioned before you state they get better attendances. 1 or 2 hundred better off is not going to make much of a difference in terms of finances dont you think. And you might be suprised that some are worse.

What did I dodge? I can't see how I've been personal at all. I haven't said anything hurtful. Also, any assumptions I've made have been based on what has gone on in the league for years, and the fact that so far Sporting Fingal have done nothing through their business plan to make them go any differently. If they start to put through new initiatives, that are gonna get people off the couches and from the pubs into the stadium, then I'll eat my words and begin to consider the possibility of Sporting Fingal being a feasible entity. So far, only the contrary has been shown as attendances have only gone downhill.

So we've seen the trends in the Eircom League, and Sporting Fingal aren't doing anything different. Promotion, while still a possibility, seems unlikely this year. So what is the X-Factor that Sporting Fingal have that make them a more feasible entity? I mean you can talk about how I'm speculating all you want, but I'm speculating with plenty of past evidence. Surely, in this argument the onus is on you to tell me what Sporting Fingal are doing differently to other clubs that have fallen apart? Sure, they have investment, but that will only go so far in this league. Bohs and Drogheda are both gonna learn this the hard way pretty soon.

I have asked you for facts and figures to back up your statement. You dont know how much is invested in the club and for how long and you dont know how much the club pays its players. I have asked you about our attendances, you dont answer, i have asked you about other clubs attendances you dont answer.
    When i told you success brings the crowds and then told you that it doesnt mean just promotion, it means promotion and sustaining it, you then keep giving me examples of clubs who are getting relegated from the top flight to prove your point.
    The onus is not on me to prove anything, You made the original statement i simple wanted you to back it up. I have repeatedly said im not sure what will happen, Im not the one trying to prove their point you are.
    Im not sure we will be a success, I hope we will, but you are so certain it wont without any facts other than pointing to other clubs. That may be enough for you but not for me, i need more than this to be convinced of what you are saying.

I agree with dsmythy. Its crystal balling and we need to see. I dont know what will happen but neither do you. Hoping we wont be around wont make it a fact.
    PS. Shels average crowd 974 and sportings 744

I have asked you for facts and figures to back up your statement. You dont know how much is invested in the club and for how long and you dont know how much the club pays its players. I have asked you about our attendances, you dont answer, i have asked you about other clubs attendances you dont answer.
    When i told you success brings the crowds and then told you that it doesnt mean just promotion, it means promotion and sustaining it, you then keep giving me examples of clubs who are getting relegated from the top flight to prove your point.
    The onus is not on me to prove anything, You made the original statement i simple wanted you to back it up. I have repeatedly said im not sure what will happen, Im not the one trying to prove their point you are.
    Im not sure we will be a success, I hope we will, but you are so certain it wont without any facts other than pointing to other clubs. That may be enough for you but not for me, i need more than this to be convinced of what you are saying.

I agree with dsmythy. Its crystal balling and we need to see. I dont know what will happen but neither do you. Hoping we wont be around wont make it a fact.
    PS. Shels average crowd 974 and sportings 744

I'm not an accountant, I'm not going to be able to put exact figures. I'm asking what Sporting Fingal have that make them a more feasible entity than all those other clubs in financial trouble.

Plus 250 is a fair bit of a difference in the average. Comes to about 3125 euro extra per game like. How many players would that pay per week? Add to that the fact that from figures I've seen of recent Sporting Fingal games, the figure seems to have started well when people got free tickets, and the initial enthusiasm, and has gone down gradually.

Again, if you're going to ask me for exact figures, I can't provide any, but I'm looking at how the club is run, how well they're getting bums on seats, and the calibre of player they're paying, and it doesn't add up. How will a club with piss poor attendances (they're getting worse, Kildare in particular was atrocious, and the cup game, against Cobh was it?) pay this level of player? No1 had exact figures of any of the clubs in the leagues' demise at the time? But it was blatantly clear that the warning signs were there for an unfeasible business model.

never said exact figures. (Putting words in my mouth again)

I will leave it there.
    All the best for you and your club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

It's impossible to know your average attendance as with these family deals and the likes that can be cheaper than two full price adult tickets and yous still count it as four.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Disgraceful attendance today from you lot yesterday:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement